Owch!!!!

Started by Dawn, January 08, 2003, 03:37:50 PM

Dawn

As found on another board:

Before:  

After:

Dawn  

bmfgsxr

yeah, i saw that a while ago. looks like it hurt.

Dawn

A friend of mine sent it to me since around town I am the 'old lady' that rides the Ninja and who is not afraid to tell the kids the value of helmets.  Being in the insurance industry for 15 years, I have LOTS of stories.

Dawn    :)

P.S.  FYI - Steel toes (while it may seem they are a good idea) are not recommended when you ride.  If you are in an accident, your toes could be cut off (another words it did happen).

Gixxer124

Doing stunts with full safety gear is cool. Doing stunts without it just shows a lack of intelligence. :P  I bet his hair grows funny now.

Kevin_Norris

That looks like my hairline, and i always wear a helmut.

bmacd

in reference to the steel toed shoes...i was wearing a pair of steel toed shoes with steel eyelets for the laces.  Long story short, i went down with the bike and was dragged a short distance in a field.  I have two scars from the eyelets on the shoes about 3 inches long on my right foot...one on the top of my foot and one right above my ankle.  There were pretty tough to walk on at first, but they've now turned into bright red scars that can't seem to go away.

-=bmacd=-

tigerblade

Quotelooks like it hurt.

Darwin can be a biatch.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteP.S.  FYI - Steel toes (while it may seem they are a good idea) are not recommended when you ride.  If you are in an accident, your toes could be cut off (another words it did happen).

And you could lose an arm or leg if it gets caught in teh rear sprocket too. :P I wear steel toes all the time. IF it wasnt for them, I wouldnt had been able to punt the mirror off some old ladies Buick when she tried to push me into the curb a few years ago.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

dave333

I still wear steel toe shoes on the street.  I like the idea of having some toe protection for flying crud from off the road...  

For me it's leather, cordura, kevlar, bohn armor and Arai when I'm stuntin'.   ::)

EX#996

Well - just like wearing a helmet - steel toes boots are a personal preference.  Paul wears them just to and from work, but street riding he doesn't.  Just pure leather, baby.

I did a claim where a motorcyclist was in an accident.  His steel toes took his toes.  I don't know if they were able to reattach them.  The speed that he went down at, chances are that if he wasn't wearing them, he may not have injured his foot.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteWell - just like wearing a helmet - steel toes boots are a personal preference.  Paul wears them just to and from work, but street riding he doesn't.  Just pure leather, baby.

I did a claim where a motorcyclist was in an accident.  His steel toes took his toes.  I don't know if they were able to reattach them.  The speed that he went down at, chances are that if he wasn't wearing them, he may not have injured his foot.

Dawn  

Well I wear ANSI approved steel toes. Not gonna buy the cheese Kmart flimsy ones. I had a Suburban run over my foot and didnt even budge them.  ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

EX#996

QuoteWell I wear ANSI approved steel toes. Not gonna buy the cheese Kmart flimsy ones. I had a Suburban run over my foot and didnt even budge them.  ;D

The front of this guys boot came into contact with a solid object bending the toe part of his boot backwards (take you tennis shoe and bend it like your running).  After the accident the toe compartment and the boot appeared undamaged.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton