News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Well, after one day of work and two trips into town.....

Started by EX#996, May 22, 2006, 08:42:45 PM

EX#996

We have the siding removed and one window in.   :whine:

However, now that all the tools are rounded up and we have all the stuff we need, the next ones will go a lot faster.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

251am

Hey hey!! Way to go. Nothing like doing it yourself and doing it right!!

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

Quote from: spyderchick on May 23, 2006, 09:09:23 AM
So when's the lime green siding coming in?

Lime green?    :err: 

Unfortunately our natural clay siding has been - umm - delayed.  However it should be here on Friday (man I hope so!)

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

Looks like a lot of work...

I need to do the roof :(

Jeff

Jack, I'm doing roof & siding here in the next 4 weeks.  I have some AWESOME contractors lined up thanks to Brian & Kathy McLaughlin...  If you want info, just ask...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

If you can afford to have some one do it for you, that would be the way to go....

... but you know the Buxton household....

Dawn 
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

Quote from: Jeff on May 23, 2006, 11:41:04 AM
Jack, I'm doing roof & siding here in the next 4 weeks.  I have some AWESOME contractors lined up thanks to Brian & Kathy McLaughlin...  If you want info, just ask...

Yeah, saw your post earlier. I sure as hell don't want to do it but I'm a cheap bastard. :)

EX#996

Quote from: Jack_ on May 23, 2006, 02:18:09 PM
Yeah, saw your post earlier. I sure as hell don't want to do it but I'm a cheap bastard. :)

Be sure to check the warranty on you shingles if you do it yourself.  There are some that won't cover any damage if it's not installed by a licensed contractor.  When we replaced ours, we did the tear off, new tar paper and flashing ourselves, but we had a licensed contractor actually install the shingles themselves.  This way we still maintained the warranty.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton