New Phising scheme

Started by on2-racing, May 19, 2006, 02:21:18 PM

on2-racing

I received an email today reguarding my online Visa account.... Well needless to say I made some calls to see what this was and was told this is a new Phishing scheme.... So if any of you recieve this email beware.

Dear VISA Credit Card Owner ,

VISA is devoted to keeping a safe environment for its community of consumers and producers. To guarantee the safety of your account, VISA deploys some of the most advanced security measures in the world and our anti-fraud units regularly screen the VISA database for suspicious activity.

We recently have discovered that multiple computers have attempted to log into your VISA. Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were presented before the logons. We now require you to re-validate your account information to us. If this is not completed by May 20, 2006, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

In order to confirm your Online Bank records, we may require some specific information from you.

Please Click Here or on the link below to verify your account

http://www.visa.com/secure_update/update

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporary suspend your account.

VISA Security Team

And for those that would like to have some fun with them here is there IP 61.133.87.119:84

Just giving the heads up!!

Jason

spyderchick

Many times with these schemes, you can mouse over the addressi n the email and it will show the actual navigation somewhere within your email client or browser, if you use web mail.

As most of us have one or more CCs and some have paypal accounts, you can always check the validity of any "email" by logging directly into your account from the corporate website for that financial institution or issuer. This is a good idea even if you are sure the link is a safe and valid one.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

SliderPhoto

This reminds me of a scam I fell for... 

This could easily happen to you. Here's how the scam works:

Two good looking 18 year old women come to your car as you are leaving the mall while you are placing your packages in the trunk. One starts wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex while the other approaches you saying "Hi" while bending over with her breasts almost coming out of her blouse. It will be impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" and beg you for a ride to the a different Mall. You agree and tell them to sit in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other in the back seat. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I was assaulted last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I couldn't find them Saturday or Sunday.