News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Scam

Started by Suzy, May 18, 2006, 07:16:42 AM

Suzy

I sent the guy a mail back and told him it was a scam, for those of you following the link from the other board.  :wtf:
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

EX#996

Suzy,

Please tell me that your title for this thread was a joke....

This is a total scam that has been going around for years.  They just change the details a little bit and the countries involved.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Suzy

It does sound too good to be true. What are they trying to get me to do, or what are they trying to accomplish by making me do this? What's the scam?  :err:

EX#996

Quote from: Suzy on May 18, 2006, 07:16:42 AM
I recieved this today, not sure what to make of it.

I'm contacting you to assist in repartrating the fund valued at US$8.3( Eight Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only)left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank where this amount was deposited. The said Bank has issued me a notice to provide the Next of Kin or have his account confiscated within the next twenty one official working days.

OK.....

They will tell you that they need your bank information (ABA number and account number) to transfer the referenced funds into before it's confiscated.  This way it would provide them time to locate the 'next of kin'  However, once they have your personal banking information, they will liquidate your account and you will be left with $0.00 dollars to your name plus they may be able to use this information to purchase things online and leave you owing mucho dollars (afterall, it was your personal information that only you should know).

Delete it and be done with it.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Suzy