MAM GP & MW Memorial Day Weekend Info

Started by GrecianFormula40, May 13, 2006, 06:31:34 PM

tstruyk

randy's my buddy and all, but how many F40 guys run 750's?  how many guys run 750's out there period (compared to 600's and 1k's).  Plus he just gets faster the more ya push him... keep some oxygen on hand and give him a break to swap out his BPH's (big people huggies) in the back to back to back races and he'll still podium...  :biggrin:

too many classes in one day, no way to make everyone happy.  Ideally squeeze something in saturday would alleviate some of the issues... even if its just ONE GT race.  Or a few less attended sprints... am UNSB and supertwins maybe?  I dont have the answers.

People are used to racing sat and sunday... I like the idea of extended practice on saturday... but if it makes the series survive maybe limit practice and get the GT's and TC out of the way saturday... sprints on sunday.  lotsa a possibilities = lotsa ways to piss off people were happy, to accomodate those who arent...

I dont think it'll matter once the track goes green... lets see how it goes, if you dont like the final schedule you can always make changes to your schedule.  Maybe Dean can try to honor grid positions for those that switch classes based on the schedule change?  If your worried bout that kinda thing...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Snacktime

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2006, 01:29:34 PM
BPH's (big people huggies) 

WOW! :lmao: Just for that he's going to catch you!!!!

Snacktime

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2006, 01:29:34 PM

People are used to racing sat and sunday... I like the idea of extended practice on saturday... but if it makes the series survive maybe limit practice and get the GT's and TC out of the way saturday... sprints on sunday.  lotsa a possibilities = lotsa ways to piss off people were happy, to accomodate those who arent...

Yep. Lots of possibilities. I'm sure this won't be that last time this is discussed.   -Snack

Jeff

That is something too that people need to consider.  CCS is a NEW company in 2006, and the GP region is 100% new to business.  From my perspective, CCS has done an incredible job at keeping the regional series' around the COUNTRY running without interruption through all this.

There were many things that changed in the GP region of the new CCS.  Registration is different, fees are different, now I have to pay for a transponder, etc etc etc...  I'm looking at it as running an entirely new series this weekend and collecting points for my MW program.

It's kinda like the time I ran fasttraxx up at Grattan.  Different, but fun.  This will be more fun though as the people will all be familiar...

Give it a chance...  And the Saturday practice for $45?  You can't beat that with a stick...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tstruyk

Quote from: Snacktime on May 25, 2006, 01:42:35 PM
WOW! :lmao: Just for that he's going to catch you!!!!

wouldnt be the first time I've been caught from wave 2.... bitch

my bike works now... its had been supahfied (at least partially anyway) at least it actually turns... I dont think I can beat ray ray anymore, but he aint a catchin me thats for sure!

you runnin TC at all?  Can we count on the Dozer "ritual"??
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

Snacktime

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2006, 02:07:14 PM

my bike works now... its had been supahfied (at least partially anyway) at least it actually turns... I dont think I can beat ray ray anymore, but he aint a catchin me thats for sure!

Nope, not running the TC...broke. As far as the "ritual" goes unfortunately the odds are pretty good.       -Snack

tstruyk

dude you crack me up  :lmao: :lmao:

see ya tomorrow night?

Hey anyone know if registration is open friday night?  till what time? 

edit... NM, registration til 7pm tech til 9pm
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Snacktime

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2006, 02:17:58 PM
dude you crack me up  :lmao: :lmao:

see ya tomorrow night?

Hey anyone know if registration is open friday night?  till what time? 

edit... NM, registration til 7pm tech til 9pm

Yep, I'll see ya tomorrow.

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2006, 02:07:14 PM

So how much of a head start do you need for Randy not to catch you?
2nd wave starts when you're in turn 6?  In turn 10? :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Burt Munro

Quote from: vale46 on May 25, 2006, 11:20:36 AM
With MAM being a tight technical track can you imagine how many people will be grided in the mw classes. There might be 30 experts and 30 novice give or take. Thats 60 to 65 people on that track at one time. You know there are going to be some red flags, a crash or two, and other unfortunate things. Giving 20 mins per race is a little unrealistic I thnk. It seems that having practice for most of the day on saturday is a waste of a good day for racing. How many teams have signed up for Sat.

If we get Grids of 60 to 65 bikes Dean would be in a very happy position to consider changes.

7 lap sprint races at MAM every 20 min is very realistic. 

Red flags shouldn't be a problem as long as we can get to Simon and threaten him that we'll only pick him up once for the day.

Last year at MAM he collected enough Frequent Flyer miles on the crash truck that I think he got a free ticket to Poland! :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

you are one forgetfull old man... I already slipped you $50 to meatball him  :banghead:

turn 6 would be great! 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85