News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Smallest class for F3?

Started by dante, May 07, 2006, 01:41:54 PM

dante

After doing a search, I see I can run a '95 F3 in Thunderbike, MW superbike and MW GP Is this correct?  Are there any other classes?

Which is the smallest class? I am thinking about racing. I only have a handful of trackdays (and one raceschool) under my belt. Hope I won't be in over my head

Thanks

ahastings

thunderbike would be the smallest and the class your f3 would be the most competitive in.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

cbr806

F3 in Thunderbike? - Is this in print somewhere or did you get a verbal from someone?  Who?  I know others that would like to run F3 in Thunderbike.  No - I have not read the rule book lately, just know you couldn't run F3's in prior years.

George_Linhart

I don't think an F3 is legal.

Last time I checked the rulebook says 600 cc inline 4 liquid cooled manufactured in 1992 and prior.  Honda brought the F3 out in 1995 so from my understanding you can not run an F3 in thunderbike.

I beleve Kevin has let 1993 and 1994 F2s run in Thunderbike since there were no major upgrades from the 1992 model; however, the F3 had a number of engine modifications that allow it to put out about 10% more HP so I think there would be reason not to let them in the class.

Unfortunately you will only be legal to run in the Middle Weight classes.  If it was me I would avoid MWSS - I ran MW GP last weekend - not a bad class.  I think the second choice would be HWSS or HWSB as neither will be quite as crowded as MWSS.

George Linhart
CCS/WEAR/NESBA #773

cbr806

I agree with George on MWSS.  HW classes a better choice unless it's Road America.

dante

thanks for the replies.
So HWSB or HWSS would be my best bets then?  Of the two, which usually has less crowded grids?

Thanks again