News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

a BMW beats Key???

Started by tshort, April 25, 2006, 10:53:22 PM

tshort

I was just perusing the results from RA and saw that in one of the races there a  BMW rider listed above Mr Key.  Now that must've been an interesting race.  One wonders whether the guy had any cylinder heads left... :o
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

r1owner

I saw that BMW run at VIR last June.... very impressive skills!

apriliaman

that would be Nate Kern.I race with him all the time.He has the #1 in mid atlantic and southeast.One of my favorite riders and he tells me how i can go faster all the time and it helps.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

kaned1

Just a note, Ed was on his supersport bike when Nate beat him.  Look what happened in the ASRA race when he got on his superbike.  That old man is way fast.

251am

Quote from: tshort on April 25, 2006, 10:53:22 PM
I was just perusing the results from RA and saw that in one of the races there a  BMW rider listed above Mr Key.  Now that must've been an interesting race.  One wonders whether the guy had any cylinder heads left... :o

Yup, on Nate's 1st visit to RA, too!!

spyderchick

Quote from: kaned1 on April 26, 2006, 04:32:58 AM
Just a note, Ed was on his supersport bike when Nate beat him.  Look what happened in the ASRA race when he got on his superbike.  That old man is way fast.

Yeah, Ed's Big O was sick that weekend, so he opted to run the SS bike for all of his other races and save the SB for the ASRA race.  Pretty quick for an old fart with back pain. (I luv you ED!)  :-*
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Protein Filled

Yeah, I asked Ed how he was feeling and he said that it hurt like hell, but at least it was only when he was conscious.  :D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Burt Munro

Edgar Dorn #8 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Didn't he use to race motorcycles? 8)
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

cardzilla

Sounds like a regional smack-fest to me  ;D .  I can attest to the Kern riding a BMW faster than any BMW should ever go by the laws of nature.  I had some problems (broken ankles mostly) at CMP, but even so I could only see an oddly shaped figure on the horizon at the end of the race.  It's nice to see him win up there... now maybe my buds will stop razzing me about it...  :-[
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

EX_#76

There was water on the track and we all know what happens when Ed is on a wet track.  Ed beat Nate on his super sport bike when the track was dry.

However there was a certain 1st year expert that also showing Ed the backside of his bike until a rod flew out of his cases.  I figure the little extra 10HP on Dan's bike balanced out against the old guy's experience.  Oh yea, he also got the hole shot, a feat rarely accomplished by any one.

Congratulations Dan Kane EX116, You Rock!!!

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

G2G racing

Quote from: AM_#76 on April 26, 2006, 03:53:07 PM
There was water on the track and we all know what happens when Ed is on a wet track.  Ed beat Nate on his super sport bike when the track was dry.

However there was a certain 1st year expert that also showing Ed the backside of his bike until a rod flew out of his cases.  I figure the little extra 10HP on Dan's bike balanced out against the old guy's experience.  Oh yea, he also got the hole shot, a feat rarely accomplished by any one.

Congratulations Dan Kane EX116, You Rock!!!

Guy

The hole shot is easy it is keeping him in sight for the whole race that is hard.

EX_#76

Dan was in front for 3 laps, I was impressed
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor