News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Dirt Bike Riding?

Started by Nate R, April 25, 2006, 11:24:04 AM

Nate R

I know many of you ride dirt bikes.

But where? For those of you in IL or WI, where do you go ride? WI doesn't seem very dirt bike friendly. :-/

I hear theres lots of good stuff up in the UP, but I'm wondering if there's other things I don't know about. (Outside of Bong)

Jen and I are thinking of getting dirtbikes for one another, but we have to have somewhere somewhat fun to ride them.  ;)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Johnny_P

It depends what type of riding you want to do.  There are some good traisl in Black River Falls, but not a whole lot else besides private land.  Because dirtbikes are not registered with the State they cannot go on the public ATV Trails.  Many people have gotten around this by getting the bike titled and liscensed in the UP and then converting it to a WI Registration.  Dual Sport bikes are legal on the ATV trails since they are registered.

I ride at local tracks (Mostly Hairscramble Types) which usually just costs a donation for upkeep.  If you are close to Manitowoc, PM me and I will let you know where you can go.
Johnny P
Midwest Ex #57

EX#996

Nate:

The trails at BRF are a lot of sand.  Go fast you're ok, go slow and it just sucks you down, then you have to deal with the four-wheelers  ::). There are other's near Crandon and another place just north of us.  The next time I speak with Bob Wagner, I'll ask for you. 

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

OmniGLH

What kind of riding are you looking to do?

There's quite a few places if you're looking for MX and racing:

Byron
Lake Geneva
Mendota
Buffalo Range (Ottawa, IL)
Aztalan (is that place still open?)
Red Bud

There's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  If you're looking for trails... I can't help ya there.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

GSXR RACER MIKE

They added an ATV park here in Rockford Illinois last season at the old quarry site at Bypass 20 and south Main Street - they allow ATV's & MX. It's fairly new so they only have some basic riding trails set-up and a MX style track as well. I went there in the fall of 2005 with my brother, he rode his CR250 and I rode his 400 4-wheeler. At that time they really needed to add some intermediate level stuff, most of what they had was a bit on the easy side, but the MX track would probably be closer to Expert level, but not Pro (I heard they were going to be making additions for the 2006 season, but I don't know what?). They have a decent amount of land for being located on the edge of the city, but it's certainly not huge. I also thought it was a bit on the steep side for the normal riding fee, but we got a cheaper rate because they were trying to promote the place at that time. The place is only 10 minutes away from where I live so it's really convenient.

Will I go again? Probably. Will it be often? Probably not (unless they come up with a good season pass rate).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

andy342

Gravity Park, near Chilton.  Wednesday night mx and flattrack for $15, they run under the lights til 11pm

Fond du Lac ATV park, fdlmx.com

Also check on http://nohvis.org/   My friend Ryan operates this site.  He does ATV and dirtbike training, and also insurance for offroad tracks.