News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2 Stroke ?

Started by Go GODSpeed, April 20, 2006, 10:20:28 AM

Go GODSpeed

I've got a mid 80's honda spree scooter that I'm having a problem with.  It starts up very easily and never has a problem running.  When I first take off with it when it is cold it runs superbly, but after it heats up it acts like it gets low on fuel and has no power.  It will never quit, just has this lean type condition at open throttle.  I thought maybe the float bowl needed adjustment... but it is non-adjustable.  There really isn't anything to adjust on the carb... there are two mixture screws and I have fiddled with them a great deal to no avail.  I put a new spark plug as well as new o-rings on the intake manifold.  Not sure what else I can do to get it running right.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Super Dave

Bad crank seals for a two stroke?
Super Dave

dwilson

QuoteBad crank seals for a two stroke?

That's a very common problem on the old Vespa's, I don't know about the Hond'a though.  

Go GODSpeed

I figured the problem out... it was a frayed wire coming into the coil.  Therefore, when it started up and the wire was cool it ran fine, but when it ran for a minute or so the wire heated up and it could no longer carry the required current.  Soldered it up and all is well now.