News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What classes can I race

Started by opie158, April 04, 2006, 09:38:35 AM

opie158

What classes can I race my modified first gen SV 650 in? It has a 5 1/2 inch rear wheel, 01 GSXR 1000 front end, superbike engine with 41mm flatslide carbs, 96hp. Thanks for your help.

Super Dave

You can't race in Supersport.  LW Grand Prix, LW Superbike, GT Lights, Thunderbike and then you can race up classes too against 600s in the middleweight classes.  

Go to http://www.ccsracing.us and you can download a pdf of the 2006 rule book for specifics.
Super Dave

opie158

Dave, or anyone else who may know, out of those classes, LW GP, LW Superbike, GT Lights, and Thunderbike, which one is the least crowded?  

Protein Filled

I would say LW Superbike, followed by LWGP, Thunderbike and GT lights...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

It can vary region to region too...
Super Dave

opie158

Say were talkin about the Mid Atlantic?

Super Dave

Used to be a big lightweight group that way.

Both Edgar and I are from the Midwest region, so I couldn't give you a perfect answer.  But I would probably generally agree with Edgar on which ones are most popular.

Supersport classes are usually the biggest, then it goes down from there.
Super Dave

opie158

PJ721

being from the Mid-Atlantic..

Thunderbike and Superbike are usually the heaviest

GT lights and LW GP a little lighter...

VIR and Summit are always pretty full grids for all LW classes. Roebling VERY light and from a previous post from Kevin @ CCS - Carolina is going to be light for ALL entries.

BTW how'd you get 96 HP from an SV?  :o
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

johnweinssen

OPIE your -sv has all the #s and sizing exactly the same as the "00"  sv 700 i just bought (so i know its possible )from K3's sponsor Brian at Valley Racing just below Chicago- very knowlegeable shop that just happened to be holding this jewelry ,K3 the salesman very nice  ;D--  john

opie158

Got 96 hp from Spears Interprises. He built the motor and has an equation that works! He claims it very reliable also. Well see this season! He has lots of good feed back on his websight!