News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk record

Started by the_weggie_man, January 01, 2003, 03:41:38 PM

the_weggie_man

Oops,  I posted in the wrong subject.  :-[ Please check "Blackhawk record" on the corner worker page.

Is there a way to move a thread if you post it in the wrong subject?  ???

EX#996

You can delete your post.  If you take a look above the text there is links for:  Quote - Modify - Remove

Just click remove and yours will be gone.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

But I'm lazy and I don't want to remove it and retype it, I just want to move it to "general" topic.

Yeah, yeah, I know ... shut up and start typing.

EX#996

Here....

I'll do it for you.

Give me just a minute.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

As posted by Weggie_Man:

OK, eat this fast guys.  I am the new overall track record holder on the newly resurfaced Blackhawk Farms Raceway.  

Riding a stock 2000 Honda XR100 w/knobbies on a very cold, slippery track and a truck parked in turn 1, I turned an official (by my stop watch) 2:20.33 lap   time and set the new track record. WooHoooo!!

Seriously, you're going to love the new surface from what I saw yesterday and today. It is seamless all the way around.  The overlaps are not a problem anywhere and the start stop seam is on the straight after turn 6A and is also smooth and trouble free.  They did a great job laying the new surface from what I saw.

They ground away 1.5" of old asphalt then laid down two 1.5" layers of new surface so the entire track is 1.5" higher all around.  That makes the curbing 1.5" lower !!! Better ground clearance in the corners guys.

All the old concrete from the corners is being buried and used for fill outside turns 1, 6 and 7. All that work is being done now, weather permitting.  Those areas will then be leveled and landscaped for better, safer run off areas.

All the old asphalt was laid over the pit roads and will be rolled and finished also weather permitting.

One cool change is the relocation of the dirt berm on riders right from turn 7 to the pit entrance. That has all been moved back from the track at least 10 feet and pit entrance has been extended towards turn 7.

This change has made a completely unobstructed view from the tower to turn 7. It is awesome for the starters and control people and should allow better viewing from the fence along pit road on the front straight.

I talked to Mike Irwin about turn 5 and he may be making some changes there for a bit more run off area. As I've said before it is a problem area and will take some work but he is looking at it as a possible job for this year.  Next I'll work on them for turn 2.

I am going to talk with John Ulrich about some Air Fence Bike for turn 4 and will keep you informed about that.  JU has raced at Blackhawk so he knows the turn and the problem there.

That's what I know for now .... Happy '03 !!    

Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

Cool, thanx!  I'll pay better attention from now on and put my posts in the right place.

EX#996

I'm just here to help.   ;D

Is it April yet?

Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

Who needs April. I'm riding my bikes now.

EX#996

QuoteWho needs April. I'm riding my bikes now.

LOL!!!!

I was outside today and it was 15 degrees, I'm looking at my Ninja thinking:  "Ya know, with my overalls, sorrells, and if I get my other gloves - I could probably take it down the road and not get too cold."  Fortunately that thought was short lived.  

I am looking forward to the first race of the season.  I miss the sights, sounds and most of all the people at the track.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

[
I am looking forward to the first race of the season.  I miss the sights, sounds and most of all the people at the track.

[/quote]

Rum and nuts!
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteRum and nuts!
K3

Perhaps not too much rum....

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton