Need advice

Started by rixride, January 01, 2003, 12:40:05 PM

rixride

I have been working on this for a little while now,

I just need a couple of people to test it out and let me know how and what they like and don't like...

http://63.171.21.231/

It is in beta form so if you have any suggestions to that would be great.
1. It is easy to use?
2. Would you use it?
3. Why or Why Not?
If someone would answer these 3 questions it would help me out a lot.

Oh and feel free to bid on the R7 on there! :)

Thanks,

rixride

sdiver68

2wf.com has been trying for years to get a good cycle related auction site going, without much success.  I wouldn't use it or 2wf because there is no way you will generate the traffic that Ebay has.

But, that's just IMHO since you asked, don't let me rain on your parade.  Good luck!  :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

rixride

Its always tough if you are up against ebay. I appreciate your reply.

I did see 2Wf's and it wasn't very successful either. I was trying to figure out why? is it just because of Ebay? Honestly that is the first place I look for parts too, then I go to all the Racer message boards...so on an so fourth, cause there is a lot of stuff ebay doesn't have on it...

Ebay is great but it starts to add up if you have lot of parts to put out there.

I created this site specifically for Sportbikes and Racers...as that is where I am.

Thanks again.

BRG

I think the site idea is great. I would post an auction. If you build it and it works, they will come, its just a matter of time.

Looks easy to use.
Specific to bikes (cool)
I will use it when I have bikes for sale.

Brian Baker
Baker Race Gear.

GAMEDIC

Here is an idea...go to ebay and do and auction and list your site:-)....

rixride

QuoteHere is an idea...go to ebay and do and auction and list your site:-)....
;D Hey great idea!  but can't you get kicked off ebay for that?  ???

I have to work all the bugs out first...and get a few people to start using it... I was just looking for feedback right now.
and thank you all for your feedback it is very helpful. :)

rixride

Thanks for all your input. Your feedback helped a lot.  :)

I finally got everything worked out:

http://www.cycleauction.net is alive and kicking and for the first auction? Anyone looking for a Zero Gravity double bubble for an R1?

If you got stuff to sell now is the time to post, when there is a limited number of auctions and a high number of views!

Frank_Angel

Actually, I just read an article about niche auction web sites that are doing very well up against eBay. They succeed because the specialize in a single type of product, and have built a dedicated following from users who don't want to mix it up with many of the idiots on eBay.

Another point the author made is that eBay may be the victim of it's own success - that profit margins for sellers on eBay have become so thin because there is so much available that it's becoming less and less profitable to sell there.

I'll post a link as soon as I dig it up.

Frank_Angel