News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WTB: 750 I4 or 1000 CC Twin in the MidWest

Started by Nate R, December 30, 2002, 05:21:11 PM

Nate R

Looking for a race-prepped 750 or 1000 twin. (NO Ducks or 'Prillers) Looking for basically anything out there ready to go. Let me know if you have one for sale or are thinking of selling.

Prefer GSXR750, TLR, or RC51. But, will Consider ZX-7R, etc. Does not have to be current generation.

BTW guys, before you start wondering why I would be looking for a Heavyweight bike, it's for my Uncle. He raced his F4i at BHF in August last year, and is hooked. He wants to get rid of the Honda soon, and wants a racebike.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

oldguy

Tell him what 999.995 people out of 10,000 told me:
GET AN SV650; them liter bikes are too big to learn on.  ::)
Doug

SliderPhoto

I think Kim has two TLRs :o ::) :P  Heck, one even has a new Penske and revalved forks! ;D

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Nate R

Well, normally I would. But, he's uh, how would you say, not real open-minded. He said he wasn't as comfortable on the F4i as he would've been on a 750, even though they're close to the same physical size. He's been riding for 30 some years, and taught the MSF course, so his riding ideas are pretty well set in his mind.

So, to me, I'm just thankful he's open to having others show him the fast way to do things.  ;) (ie racing)

He learned a lot on his first weekend, but he seems to think the solution is a bigger bike. He wasn't extremely slow, but there were mechanical probs with the bellypan and such that weekend, which hindered confidence.

He does weigh 240#, so a 600 will seem* slower to him than someone who's 170.  

We just have 2 totally different routes of going about racing. I'm planning things out now, he throws things together at the last minute.

While what he does makes little sense to me sometimes, it's what works for him. I dunno. But, I'm trying to help him, because it's good to see someone who works 60-80 hours a week out there having a blast.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

oldguy

And if he's you're Uncle he can race with other dumbass old farts like me. God, will we EVER grow up?
Yep, he's a big dude, alright. Us Rogue guys are all on diets tryin' to impress each other at VIR this spring. I'll check for a 51 for sale.
Doug

tigerblade

QuoteUs Rogue guys are all on diets tryin' to impress each other at VIR this spring.
Doug

Are you doing it too?  I've dropped a little bit but have a ways to go!

-TB
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

sdiver68

I hope he throws those MSF ideas out of his head.  Another of my projects when my current project is over is to write a position paper on how wrong and dangerous many of their teachings are as applied to modern sportbikes.
MCRA Race School Instructor

oldguy

Yep, TB, got an excercise machine for Xmas and ready to go!
Looking to get a bunch of old guys like Nates Uncle racing so we can FORCE an F50 class into being ;D

roadrashroeser

Mike Roeser

Nate R

Not really sure. He hasn't put a limit on it. So, whatever you can find, I'll pass along.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com