thanks 4 the help

Started by Rick Beggs, March 05, 2006, 02:59:34 AM

Rick Beggs

E_man showed up at the pits and helped us to a 2nd place finish in gto , i answewed a post here  asking how to check out racing with "just show up at daytona and help" and he did
Fast Lane Racing race report, Daytona, FL, March 2006

We entered all three ASRA team challenge classes; we have an extraordinary team this year
The members of FLR are
Rick Beggs, Kevin Tate, Trey Yonce, Robbie Wilkey, are the riders on FLR 1 (GTO) and FLR 2 (GTU) bikes
Rick started the GTO bike, there was a red flag at 15 laps, 2 GTL bikes got together, going down in the process, and Trey was unable to avoid them, and went down also, The bike looked ok, but he injured his knee, when we went to put on the tire warmers, we saw the gash in the front slick, it was down to the cords, I was amazed that it was holding air. Not usually wearing out front tires so fast, we don't have a spare. (We are changing that practice), it would only take ASRA a few minutes to clear the track, but we had to try, so we took off the front rim and ran it to the Dunlop guys, Brubaker and crew dropped everything, and mounted it quick as lightening, we installed the new slick, and made the restart, since Trey was injured, Rick went out on the GTU bike, and Robbie went out on the GTO bike, (this rider change did not count because of the red flag). Rick brought in the GTU bike after 25 more laps and Kevin took it out, unfortunately the GTU bike had engine trouble and finished 10th. Rick hopped on the GTO bike and finished out the race
Robert E. Lee, and Steve Keener rode Fast Lane Light to a 4th place finish
The pit crew was, Bill Wilkey, Hossein Golosorki, and  E_man
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

e_mann

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrick-
It was my pleasure to help you.  I had a great time and look forward to working with you in the future.  I would suggest that anyone looking to learn more about motorcycle racing hook up with you and the entire Fast Lane crew.  Bill Wilkey was more than willing to answer any question I had and even answered some of the questions I did not know to ask.  That is the kind of help I was looking for.  Once again, thank you all for your help and I look forward to see you all again.  Good luck on the season and everyone keep an eye on Robbie Wilkey.  I have been around all kinds of racing and some great racers, I think he is going to be up there one day soon, if not right now!!
See ya
-Eric France ;D

Jeff

Good stuff Rick.. Congratulations...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest