News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sportbike Requirements

Started by raptorduck952, December 27, 2002, 01:46:10 PM

raptorduck952

As to the new Sportbike class, will an 02 Yam 600 that qualifies for Supersport and Superbike qualify? Specifically, a bike with the following modfications, re-valved front forks (Lindeman), Ohlin's rear shock, aftermarket brake cables and pads (Galfer), jet kit, Akrapovic full exhaust system. All the rest is stock. From the rules it seems that only the front suspension may be an issue. I believe it meets the weight and hp requirements.

sportbikepete

Dude I did not get my mailer yet what is this class?

sdiver68

Yes, you should qualify provided you don't exceed the 115 hp limit nor go under the 365 lb rule.

That's assuming the rules haven't changed since last year, the Sportbike class was run at NRRS/FUSA events, its just that now it will be run at regionals also.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Decreasing_Dave

According to the CCS section of Roadracing World, The 115hp limit will be nixed at the regional level only. ;D

Nate R

I don't understand --- Sportbike: is this a new CCS class that's the same as the FUSA Sportbike class? is it replacing 600 SS? I don't need to worry either way though, since I'm on an SV, right?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

raptorduck952

Sportbike is a new class (for CCS anyway) in addition to all the existing classes, including supersport.

CCS

Sportbike at regional races is an addition to the schedule. At regionals, only weight will be checked for SportBike, not horsepower.

This is to allow a regional rider to compete on a more level playing field when a National come to town. Instead of having to run your SuperSport legal machine against modified equipment, you can build your motor to get to the 115 horsepower and still have somewhere to run it every weekend. Under the old rules, a true national SportBike would be illegal for SuperSport.

SuperSport riders can take heart though, nearly 60% of the bikes finishing in the money at 2002 National SportBike events were SuperSport legal!

Suspension rules for both classes are the same.

Good Luck, and have fun.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

I think someone was questioning the distance.  I know that it won't be GT length, but is there a chance that it could be a lap or two longer than a regular sprint, more like the FUSA distance?
Super Dave

BC61

It has a fixed entry fee, is it a purse paying race?

Super Dave

Super Dave

CCS243

Purse is only for experts, amateurs run Sportbike class for fun.  Fixed $70 entry fee for experts only.