News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gridding?

Started by stumpy, December 26, 2002, 04:33:30 PM

GPgofast

I was a midpack amateur this year in the Pacific region riding an F4i. I would get a full weekend out of a rear and close to 2 out of a front. I was running Michelin M2(rear)/S2(fronts). That was with a Friday practice, GTU on Saturday and 3 sprints on Sunday. I would usually buy a new rear before the GTU or right after it depending on how it looked and felt during practice.  Also, I had my supension working REALLY well all year. At certain tracks, guys running the same pace as me were shredding rear tires in 2 sprints. Racing an F4i is a challenge. Make sure you invest in an adjustable rear shock, and have the front end revalved and sprung for your weight. The stock suspension is nowhere near up to the task of racing, but properly sorted makes a pretty good racebike. The bike 'needs' all the ride height that you can find. Before spending any money on anything, make sure your suspension is set up or you will just be wasting your time. Good luck. GP

stumpy

I've heard that about the f4i, I already have a Penske Shock and Racetech front. It felt really good on the track day I went to. I was using a set of Bridgestone bt012ss's. They warmed up promptly and held up really well. Would that be a good race tire though??
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super Dave

Might be a little early in any of Bridgestone's DOT race tire development.  Pirelli, Michelin, or Dunlop would probably be a better way to go.  You can at least feed off everyone else's ideas, set up, etc.  The Bridgestone might be good, but you would have to develop it.  Might make things harder than they should be.
Super Dave

Gixxer124

No matter where they list you, you can allways put yourself at the back of the grid.  ;)

GPgofast

A friend of mine raced on the Bridgestone  bt-001R's this year. They worked really well, but did NOT last.
when they went off they went off. Can't comment about the SS's though. GP