News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America repave

Started by Oscar_Madison, January 15, 2006, 06:34:09 AM

Oscar_Madison

Sorry if this has already been discussed but it is my understanding that R.A. has completed repaving of turns 1,3,5,8,12. Should make racing in april a little easier to cope with.
Jason Runte
I used to race, now I don't even own a bike. Dam limited income.

Team-G

Hopefully they got the tar snakes out of 6 too

PaulV

Can you say NEW TRACK RECORD!
 ;D
See Better, Ride Safer!

TommyG

QuoteCan you say NEW TRACK RECORD!
 ;D
Can you say...answer your phone?!  ;D

Oscar_Madison

Sorry turn 6 was included. Can't wait
Jason Runte
I used to race, now I don't even own a bike. Dam limited income.

Team-G

Should be great for the snow plow trucks; no doubt we'll need 'em  ;D

Super Dave

The repave will be contingent upon whether RA actually paid for the proper engineering to keep the track from breaking up under weather and load of traction.  

Then, depending upon the mix that they used for their asphalt, I might blow, kind of like MAM...a decent mix done at the wrong time of the year with too little engineering under the surface.  

So, you have to wait and see.
Super Dave

stk0308

QuoteThe repave will be contingent upon whether RA actually paid for the proper engineering to keep the track from breaking up under weather and load of traction.  

Then, depending upon the mix that they used for their asphalt, I might blow, kind of like MAM...a decent mix done at the wrong time of the year with too little engineering under the surface.  

So, you have to wait and see.
Are there any American tracks you do like?  Seems you've got a nit with every track I've seen mentioned here, and a couple other places.  And I'm not sure I want to know your grudge against Alan Wilson is.

Just observations, ignore if you please  ;D
Steven

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

Jeff

QuoteI might blow, kind of like MAM....

Did you really just say that?  ROFLMAO...  hey, you said it, not me...  8)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

mike_rbm

I've got to agree with Dave on this. If not properly done the surface (although nice looking) will be cr@p to ride on. It's more than just some new asphalt.

TommyG

QuoteAre there any American tracks you do like?  Seems you've got a nit with every track I've seen mentioned here, and a couple other places.  And I'm not sure I want to know your grudge against Alan Wilson is.

Just observations, ignore if you please  ;D
He`s mentioned tracks he likes. And those Alan Wilson tracks are getting kinda repetitive....Dontcha think??

Jeff

QuoteAnd those Alan Wilson tracks are getting kinda repetitive....Dontcha think??

Well, yeah... with all those right turns followed by lefts, and more rights...  I mean, what was he thinking?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest