News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Indoor XR/TTR racing in DC Area?

Started by Monty925, December 23, 2002, 05:41:04 AM

Monty925

We are in the works securing a location to race XR150/TTR125's along the Dulles Corridor.

Monday, Dec. 30th we are doing a trial run at a location with the owners.  If all goes well we'd like to get a list of 15 or more people who would be interested in a bimonthly outing through end of March.  There could be both a TT track and oval.  We will run the oval both directions, this ain't NASCAR folks. ;D

Cost and times TBA but figure a weeknight and probably $30-$75 per night depending on track time and number of people.

Knobbies will not be allowed.

Please email Montyw2@aol.com with Name, home & work phones, type of bike and email.  The more people we have the better chance of making this fly.

Thanks!

Bart #72

Monty I would be interested as well as two other friends of mine.  Weeknights wouldn't be good unless it was a friday night.  I live about 2 or 3 hour from DC.

Bart XR 100
Need paint or  Race / Track bodywork?  PM or email me at dcpaintworx@gmail.com for pricing on Armour Bodies bodywork.

Monty925

We held our test last night and it worked out pretty well.  We have a date reserved for Sunday, Feb 2nd from 8:30am to Noon.  
Cost will be $500 divided by the number of riders who show up.  You do the math.  I think getting 15-20 people won't be a problem.  

This will be more of a SuperMotard style than flat track.  There was almost TOO much traction and I was running dual purpose tires.  

All interested parties email me with contact info at Montyw2@aol.com

We are also going to try and round up 10-15 people for this Sunday but I'll need to have a count by end of business Thursday before I commit to the rental.

There are a number of people who will share their bikes for a nominal fee and "you break it you buy it" clause.

I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

Monty925

Judging by the number of views not many of you are interested but I'll post here one more time.
We need 2 more people to rent the facility for this Sunday from 8:30 to Noon.  Seven more people would be better but two will make it happen.  If we don't have the ten by end of business 1/2 it's a scratch.

So far we have:
Monty Warsing
Chris Pyles
Chuck Neighoff
Greg Harrison
Melissa Berkoff
Phil Dodd
Sam Fleming
YT
?
?
?