News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Chassis set up order of execution ?s

Started by 251am, December 22, 2005, 05:25:06 AM

251am

I'm looking to more finely tune an SP2. Here's what's floating around the old gourd at the moment.

Have forks revalved/sprung for my clydesdale arses.

Utilize Lockhart Philipps for a Penske 3 way.

Fiddle with gearing and 520 conversion.

Figure out which Michelins to utilize; 3 front and 5 rear?

GMD Comp the bike, or have TSE assist in set-up.

Here's my questions in a sort of order; Does the guy doing the forks[probably TSE] need to know which shock I'm using before rebuild?

Will LP put the proper clydesdale spring and valving on/in the shock before shipping it?

Is this all a wasted effort for guys that weigh more than 250#s?

Is the proper order of chassis set up in getting the new bolt ons, on; forks, shock, tires, gearing, and then take it to Ed for set up? Or is there a step or two I'm missing yet?

TIA, if you wanna assist, but don't wanna tip too much of your hand just P.M.

Todd

P.S. I guess reading Highside gives quite the advan. as well?

JBraun

Based on your weight the first thing I would do is change the springs on both ends. Even if you don't buy a shock or revalve your forks at least get your spring rates right.
The second thing would be a shock since you probably can't make ride height changes with your stock unit. And lastly do the forks and have a tuner get you a good baseline setup.
But I'm no Ammar Bazaaz so check with your tuner. I'd suggest calling Ryan at Lithium / Suspension Solutions . 712-546-7747
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Jeff

If you're using TSE for the suspension work, consider having Ed order you up the shock as well.  He is a penske dealer, so he can make sure it is sprung right upon receipt.  Additionally, you might be able to leverage more of a discount by spending more in one place...  Just a thought.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Todd, you need to have springs that support your weight and the "weight of traction".

The addition of a new shock will certainly allow you to lengthen that, which will allow the anti-squat generated by the bike to help the overall chassis set up too.  Might require you to drop the tubes in the triples also to maintain trail, however.

This making sense?
Super Dave

Super Dave

I'd be all for GMDing a bike for racing.  But what would http://4and6.com say?  Call 'em, and maybe they would have a better plan of action.  They have experience in lots and lots and lots of bikes, so, more than likely, they have experience that they can draw off of for your particulars.
Super Dave

251am

QuoteI'd be all for GMDing a bike for racing.  But what would http://4and6.com say?  Call 'em, and maybe they would have a better plan of action.  They have experience in lots and lots and lots of bikes, so, more than likely, they have experience that they can draw off of for your particulars.

Wasn't Gleek that little monkey on G Force? You are a strange one, Mr. Rosno. Can you check your PMS there Dave?  

Super Dave

PMS back at you...(Does my wife have it?)

I think so...the name just popped in my head after I was Oddjob  and then WangChung for a few days.
Super Dave