Daytona Thefts

Started by r6_philly, March 20, 2002, 10:45:55 AM

r6_philly

I had an open air garage assigned for Daytona.

On Sunday my PitBull front stand was taken during lunch. My neighbor's brand new Arai was taken.

I know it's probably hard to defend against theft, but I would feel totally disgusted if a fellow racer had just packed my stuff when he left the pits.

It did wonders for me, I couldn't change my front to rains without the stand and it was really raining at race time.  and I had to lend my helmet to my neighbor for his race.

Maybe we need to engrave our comp #'s onto our equipments

sportbikepete

Would not matter scum don't care!

r6_philly

well if it is taken by a racer, I can at least survey the pits next time with a sawed-off shotgun...

THE_D.O.C.

to me, theft is something that for most cases you can't control. if someone is a theif, they will take it and not care of consequence or getting caught. you can't go around protecting your A$$ all the time. it isn't worth it.  

r6_philly

I don't want them to care about the consequences... I want retribution!!! lol

Seriously, what do you mean it isn't worth it. My properties worth enough to me that if I miss a few more things I won't be able to race.

sportbikepete

Perfect example of a thief not caring is the idiot that stol;e the AOD Vanson leathers.

r6_philly

Ya that was pretty dumb... but I guess they just take what they can get and figure out later.

If someone take my helmet or leathers that will put me out of 2 races to make up for the loss...

don't tell me I have to lock my trailer when I get on the track from now on. since I go to a lot of races by myself

THE_D.O.C.

i mean you can't stand guard all the time. it would give you thousands of dollars in misery to save a two hundred dollar pit bull stand. odds are they weren't racers. do what's reasonable, but don't ruin your life to ward off a thief. i wonder if a locked door ever stopped a burglar from entering a home? probably not. :)

Litespeed

If you suspect that someone will steal a helmet again, get an old one and paint it up like it's worth something.  Then take the liner and soak it in habenaro pepper juice and let dry.  Let sit at track and hope some thief takes it for personal use.  The minute he starts sweating you will get your revenge.  I hate thiefs and thing they should all have there fingers removed...