News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Crime & Punishment as dished out by CCS

Started by Jeff, December 15, 2005, 04:31:37 AM

Jeff

I understand Dave... We strayed a bit from my original topic.  Please read my edited post and let's go back there...

Do you agree that there needs to be a set of rules in place and a specific punishment for infractions?

Do you believe the current rules/punishments are sufficient?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Jeff

Adam, I don't know who or what you did, but your situation definitely needs escalation to Kevin.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

WebCrush

QuoteAdam, I don't know who or what you did, but your situation definitely needs escalation to Kevin.

I called Kevin the other day on the matter and he had me send him a written 'statement' and he's now waiting for the local org to respond.  Meanwhile, time is a ticking to retain my number.

Interestly enough, one of the board members decided to sell an 'I hate Adam Vella' t-shirt signed by LRRS mgmt along.  I guess US and state laws don't apply to them either.

Super Dave

QuoteDo you agree that there needs to be a set of rules in place and a specific punishment for infractions?

Do you believe the current rules/punishments are sufficient?

Yes.

No.
Super Dave

Jeff

So Dave (or anyone for that matter), looking back at my original post, how would you approach this for something "organized" to present to CCS?
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r1owner

QuoteYes.

No.

Just wanted to quote this for posterity.  I don't think I've seen an answer like this from Dave before! ;):)

Seriously though Jeff.  In the mailer I think it said something about contacting the rules committe if you had any other suggestions.  Maybe that's the way to go?  I don't know.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteLast year, there was also a "fine" for crossing the blend line which was "donate $25 to the wegman".  For me, that seemed absurd!  It was taunting people.  It was funny...

Ya kow thats something I really also wonder why its violated. Not a hard rule to understand. I understand if someone went out if someone went down in front of them or they got forced out by another bike, but damn. I called in teh same guy for violating the blend line twice when I was working T1 in the SAME RACE. Came out, crossed it. Black flagged, came out again, crossed it. Black flagged again and this time came out cranking a big old fat wheelie and holding it up until he got near T1. I think the race director had something to say with him over that one also. Was a few years ago though.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

QuoteSeriously though Jeff.  In the mailer I think it said something about contacting the rules committe if you had any other suggestions.  Maybe that's the way to go?  I don't know.

Absolutely, and I would intend to do just that!  I don't spout off here and go no further.  However, I do like to get other people's backing input and perspectives.  It helps form a very comprehensive recommendation that has a good chance at being implemented.

Simply firing off an email to the rules board with no backing or thorough investigation is a waste of my (and their) time.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Jeff

QuoteYa kow thats something I really also wonder why its violated. Not a hard rule to understand. I understand if someone went out if someone went down in front of them or they got forced out by another bike, but damn. I called in teh same guy for violating the blend line twice when I was working T1 in the SAME RACE. Came out, crossed it. Black flagged, came out again, crossed it. Black flagged again and this time came out cranking a big old fat wheelie and holding it up until he got near T1. I think the race director had something to say with him over that one also. Was a few years ago though.

Had he been fined, it wouldn't have happened again.

I was fined 2 years ago for a wheelie down pit out road ($50).  Guess what I don't do anymore?

There was no arguing to it... I knew it was wrong, I got pinched, I paid the man and now make the CHOICE not to behave that way.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've been racing since 1999, and have never violated a blend line.  It doesn't seem that hard to me.  In fact, the blend lines are the FIRST thing I look for when I'm heading out on a track I haven't ridden before.... ???
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Mongo

QuoteInterestly enough, one of the board members decided to sell an 'I hate Adam Vella' t-shirt signed by LRRS mgmt along.  I guess US and state laws don't apply to them either.

ROTFLMAO!!  Gonna sue another sanctioning body for things that aren't illegal huh?  Go get em!  :D

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

OmniGLH

QuoteI was fined 2 years ago for a wheelie down pit out road ($50).  Guess what I don't do anymore?

LOL... and some people (I won't name names...) set aside $100 on purpose full knowing they're gonna pull a wheelie or two in the next race!

;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak