News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Crime & Punishment as dished out by CCS

Started by Jeff, December 15, 2005, 04:31:37 AM

r1owner

Quote15MPH in the pits? There are a lot of rules. Yes, I know it's a dangerous environment. I tell my son constantly to be careful, especially in the pit area. But now it's no bikes, anywhere. So, IMHO it's no longer a family environment. Just MHO.

I agree Jack.  What's wrong with letting them ride out in a safe area?  That's kind of the whole reason for bringing them.  So they can have fun too.

I also agree about the 15MPH rule.  That is not even close to being followed.

Jeff

The problem is supervision and responsibility.

BHF is a private facility and we need to respect their rules as well as those from CCS.  BHF rules are that no one without a valid driver's license can operate a motor vehicle there (unless competitor).  It's not hard, that's a very simple rule.

When races have to stop so that an ambulance can transport some moron who got hurt or hurt someone else on a pit bike, we ALL suffer.

Dave, please elaborate on exactly what the punishment was for these BHF folks that hit the track.  I recall 3 groups of people on the track that night.  The 3rd group was the straw that broke the camel's back.  No fines, No real punishment.

An "Oh gee, I'm truly sorry" is not acceptable IMHO.

As for Bicycles at BHF?  I've never had a problem personally or with my kids.  Never been told they couldn't ride them.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Scott

My three year old daughter was on her bike (with training wheels) with my wife walking right next to her and someone from the track told my wife my daughter was not allowed to ride a bike.

Super Dave

QuoteDave, please elaborate on exactly what the punishment was for these BHF folks that hit the track.

I won't.  That was between those individuals and the track.  Some very, very angry people on one side, and they were happy with the outcome.
Super Dave

motobenco

We need pit bike races after the daily activities. Works for CRA, the crowd enjoyed the racing, no one was hurt and some of fans/family could participate in the action.  Not to mention the fact that it was pretty damn funny.

Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

Jeff

QuoteI won't.  That was between those individuals and the track.  Some very, very angry people on one side, and they were happy with the outcome.

I'll assume "Very very angry people" = BHF management.  And they should be angry.

"happy with the outcome" = punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Imply what you want.  The guys that did it won't do it again.  
Super Dave

Protein Filled

During the weekend at BHF that is mentioned, there were different groups of people out on the track at different times. It wasn't the same people over and over. Cindy caught a couple of people out there and yelled at them. Later on, a different group of people were out there racing around. When asked to come forward the next day, the responsible parties came up and apologized. Not that this makes it any better, but it helped so that they were not punished as severly.

Pit bike races are a blast. We had them during the Wegman weekend at BHF a couple of years!

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Jeff

That's good to know Dave, but I'm still the one walking after 6:00pm instead of enjoying the transportation of my pit bikes...

If the punishment was appropriate, we would still enjoy the privilege of pitbikes like the rule-abiding people that we are. There would have been no need to punish the masses because everyone who even had a THOUGHT of repeating the incident would realize the punishment involved and would fear it.

Put it this way...  Should the entire nation be executed because Tookie Williams shot 4 people in cold blood and helped form a gang responsible for thousands of other deaths?  No.

Likewise, seeing the punishment handed down, would I sit back and consider repeating his actions?  Ummm no.

Crime/Punishment...  It's simple really...  

And it doesn't have to be all that dramatic.  Just get a specific set of rules/fines and stick to them, and make them harsh enough to prevent blatant disregard for safety/courtesy/policy.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Well, I can't give you an answer, Jeff.  I usually use Red Wings for my pit bike.  I do recall that pit bikes were banned, but then brought back.  Since my Red Wings were never banned, I can't give you an answer.

Buy Red Wings.
 8)
Super Dave

WebCrush

How about a reverse situation?  I was fined $100 for violating NOTHING in the rulebook while other who violated a clearly written rules were ignored repeatedly.

Subsequently, I paid the fine, and it was sent back stating they were revoking my license.

I'm still waiting for Kevin to get to the bottom of this.