News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New R6 front # plate placement Questions?

Started by edge23, December 05, 2005, 08:05:19 PM

extrakt0r

QuoteEdge,

Here's the answer for you.

But, I believe your concern for space is based on the photos of the '06 in street body work.  Take a good look at Yammi's M1 (their GP bike).  It too has the centered ram air inlet, but the plastic above it rises to roughly where the side mirrors would be placed.  The size of the windscreen is much less on the M1.

So.... my guess is that most of the mfgrs of race plastic for the '06 R6 will follow the patten of the M1.  If this happens and you plan on using race plastic instead of street skins, then you s/b good to go.

Centering the front number is the common placement location for all the orgs.

Here is a Pic of the Sharkskinz Plastics for the 2006 R6...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

edge23

Looking at that photo doesn't leave anything for the front. 6 inches would be up past the gauges. Thats alot of vinyl when I could just paint the left or right side.

H-man

Oh well.  So much for that idea if they all follow the commercial body style

FWIW, you're really not likely to look through the windscreen below the guages anyway.  Also, like Sean (Mongo) on the WERA board suggested, you can paint the windscreen instead of using vinyl and get a neat, smooth, professioanl looking surface to work on.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

edge23

I do paint my number plates on and put vinyl on the windscreen where needed but not 3/4 of the way up it, I don't want to make my bike look all nasty with a ton of vinyl all over the body work. It just looks like ass IMO. I may just be a club racer but I still prefer to have a professional look about me.
In the end I will do what it takes I was just hoping for some flexibility with the race orgs regarding how the design of todays MC's are appearing.

Eric Kelcher

All tracks always acceptable 8" numbers on white or school bus yellow(not flourescent) with at least a one inch seperation between numbers and background edge mounted in center of upper fairing.

Also acceptable

Side number plate must be such that the numbers are level not stepped and may be on one side but that side must be the side scoring is on. 6" numbers are allowed on a case by case basis (ie you cannot make a tiny background on bike that acceptable plate could be painted/sticker used)

No other stickers or decorations may be applied in the number plate area
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

tzracer

The scorers will have the final word on your number plate. Even if you pass tech, if the scorers have trouble reading your number, you will be asked to change your number or the the scorers will not score you in future races. This is how I added a number plate to RC51 bodywork. The numbers are 8".

Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Scotty Ryan

Here's a question for all you worry worts out there....What the heck are we supposed to do with the tail section numbers? I honestly don't think I could even come close to fitting 6" numbers(727 for AMA & 72 for CCS/ASRA) on my tail section.... I can tell you right now that I'm not gonna put some stupid additional number plate on my tail section to make it bigger, I guess we could always go back in the day kinda retro style, You know when they used to put big white circular number plates on the side of the fairing.....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

extrakt0r

QuoteHere's a question for all you worry worts out there....What the heck are we supposed to do with the tail section numbers? I honestly don't think I could even come close to fitting 6" numbers(727 for AMA & 72 for CCS/ASRA) on my tail section....

Even with race bodywork? The skarkinz Tail looks about the same size as my 04 R1 Tail and it will fit 3 6" numbers on it...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

GrecianFormula40

QuoteAll tracks always acceptable 8" numbers on white or school bus yellow(not flourescent) with at least a one inch seperation between numbers and background edge mounted in center of upper fairing.

Hi Eric,

Can you please explain your aversion to the brighter yellow plates? I am one of the racers with optic yellow plates, I raced all last season and just had one tech mention it to me. I believe the intent for yellow plates is to easily distinguish expert from amatuer, and to provide a contrasting background for the numbers to be viewed against. Doesn't optic yellow clearly accomplish this? If anything, it is easier to view from a distance which would be an advantage for the scorers. The rulebook states "yellow" and does not specify the type of yellow (schoolbus). Some of the new buses, and new street signs I have seen are now coming out in the optic yellow. If it is a big deal I will repaint my bike at the next opportunity.

Thanks in advance!

Randy Sullinger
GP181 Am

CCS EX GP #181

Eric Kelcher

Yellow, period, is the color

Sorry if I might have confused things by saying schoolbus I didn't know there was a differnet color they were painting them in different parts of the country.

I have no idea what optic yellow is  ???

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI have no idea what optic yellow is  ???

Kinda a very bright yellow.

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod