Your opinions on this topic

Started by Suzy, November 14, 2005, 06:16:06 AM

extrakt0r

Well CCS Dumped the Great Plains region, and TrackAddix picked it up, and is now an Affilite... And is already saying that a "surcharge" is going to need to be charged to race at HPT next year...  ::)
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Jeff

Mike, that's no different from any other track with high fees (read - Road America, Daytona)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

If road racing fell through!?!?! It would be easier on alot of peoples pocket books. Flat track and TT racing would hopefully pick up more. Racers wouldn't have to buy tires as much because they would be riding in the dirt.

Just a speculation  :D

Sounds good eh?

Supermoto sounds good too! Buy a dirtbike, slap some sticky rubber on it, a big fat front rotor and stiffen the suspension. BAM! Fun on 2 wheels!

Thingy

I just hope that the Great Plains region survives more than a couple of years.  It seems that every time that CCS hooks up with an affiliate, CCS screws 'em... er, I mean it just doesn't work out.  Remember GLRRA and the Great Lakes region or the last Great Plains region with CMRA?

I wish them luck.  I will be there.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

QuoteI just hope that the Great Plains region survives more than a couple of years.  It seems that every time that CCS hooks up with an affiliate, CCS screws 'em... er, I mean it just doesn't work out.  Remember GLRRA and the Great Lakes region or the last Great Plains region with CMRA?

Florida region.  LRRS.  They are doing fine.
Super Dave

Chuck

It is odd that Kevin is housing CCS in his garage for now but I'm confident that this will be for a short time.  With CCS being the only player here in the midwest I can't imagine a complete fold.  It would be a cryin shame if they did.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I like CCS, even with it's downfalls. I like most the tracks we go to here in the Midwest & Great Plaines. Both the support personel and the racers are a great group. There is quite a variety in the tracks we go to, and for that matter we get to go to some that others wish they could with their organization. While it's true I don't prefer going to Road America in the cold for example, I also realize that scheduling there is really tight, but I wish we had never let go of that 2nd late season event there or done that 1 only.

Sometimes you have to take a step or 2 or 10 backwards before you leap forward successfully. Hopefully the previous misfortunes with the other affiliates will have been learning experiences by which CCS & TrackAddixx will make the extra effort to make it work. The fact that the Great Plaines region is going to experiment with some new schedules and classes chosen to run is a step in the right direction in my opinion, if they didn't try we may have never know if it was the successful combination so desprately needed. As it has been said before "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a great defination of insanity".

Though I don't know what I could personally do to help out CCS, I would be glad to help out if I could in some way. Kevin is very dedicated to CCS's survival with what he has to work with, I applaud him for that! I hope people will cut him some slack so he can keep CCS rolling without having to deal with a bunch of whiners, especially now.  :-/
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Thingy

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!