News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bicycles at Daytona?

Started by steelcityracer, October 17, 2005, 08:08:41 AM

steelcityracer

Anyone know if bicycles are still not allowed in the Daytona paddock?

firerider

Not sure, looking for an answer myself? This has to be one of the most stupid rules I have ever seen >:( Its ok to go flying through the paddock on a pit bike, but you cannot pedal around ??? My favorite love it to ride/race bicycles so this hits me a liitle to much, at the spring race I was all set to go for a ride leaving the paddock and heading out into town, but nooooo I got stopped before I could even get clipped in :P Sorry for the rant, this just burns my #$$ ;)

Fat_Nate

They told me they would confiscate mine if they saw me riding it again.  But, in fairness, it did not have any NASCAR stickers on it.

Jeff

You should have put some bicycle cards in the spokes to make noise!  Tell 'em it's a highly efficient pit-bike!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

CCS243

Motorized pit bikes & ATVs are allowed in the paddock, but not outside of paddock.  Motorized skate boards and non motorized wheeled transportation (razors, bicycles, inline skates, etc, etc) are not allowed.  

Registered 2 wheeled vehicles or ATVs are not considered pit bikes pe se and require the wearing of a helmet outside of the paddock.

steelcityracer

Thanks Art, but no thanks Daytona.

cardzilla

I guess I'll be taking the Y-bike out of the trailer now... man this sucks.  I'm glad I saw this thread because if some NASCAR hillbilly tried to "confiscate" my MTB, I think I'd be in jail.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

kmf600

QuoteMotorized pit bikes & ATVs are allowed in the paddock, but not outside of paddock.  Motorized skate boards and non motorized wheeled transportation (razors, bicycles, inline skates, etc, etc) are not allowed.  

Registered 2 wheeled vehicles or ATVs are not considered pit bikes pe se and require the wearing of a helmet outside of the paddock.
So basicaly, If it is Saturday and you are on a nonmotorized ATC, wearind underwear, only on your head, and you have a NASCAR flag hanging off your butt, you can call it a pit bike.  But on Sunday the rules change.

GSXR RACER MIKE

So a Jet-Ski as a pit vehicle will be ok since Wilma is on her way! ;)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96