News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Above and beyond at AutobahnCC

Started by PJ, September 15, 2005, 06:29:43 PM

PJ

Just wanted to thank all the cornerworkers at Autobahn CC for the support during the recent F-USA/CCS weekend, and especially one who went above and beyond and made a big difference in my weekend.

I was behind the 8-ball on Friday, trying to learn the track in two short practice sessions and ended up crashing in T10 while trying to keep Ed Key and Brian Lacy (who had practiced all day Thursday) in sight during the Thunderbike race.

Mike, the cornerworker stationed in the area, ran over and helped me pick up and push my bike out of the impact zone. For that, I was very thankful.

Since GT Lights was coming up shortly after the Thunderbike race, I was anxious to get back to the paddock and repair the bike, but my shift linkage was gone and since the bike was in gear, it wouldn't start. Mike pulled out his leatherman tool and started working the nub of the shift shaft until he found neutral which enabled me to ride back to the pits during the cool down lap.

Three of us worked on the bike during the next race and I just barely made third call to grid for the GT Lights race. If I would have had to wait for the crash truck, there's no way I would have made that race.

The next day, I found Mike during the lunch break and thanked him again for his help. He then mentioned that he found a carbon fiber part from my bike that still looked good and after the races were over, he even delivered it to my pit area. I couldn't thank him enough, so I'm doing it again.

Thanks Mike. You, and the rest of the Midwest Safety Crew, rock!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Mark Bernard

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....(insert loud whistle here) clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!

Midwest Saftey Crew ROCKS!  8)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region