News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

These old bones

Started by Team-G, August 30, 2005, 09:33:39 AM

Team-G

There's gotta be a less painful way to get off...

How about a little aeronautical engineering assistance...track suits with compressed helium cartridges that inflate bags like the lunar lander after a differential altimeter senses being tossed off the bike?  Then we'd just bounce across the horizon like a beach ball while the bike disintegrates itself.  So what if it costs a few million $$'s; still less than one trip to the doctor.

Or maybe I'm just too old and frail..  :-/

tzracer

Actually, making a suit that fills with a gas and causes you to bounce will exert higher forces on your body (can be twice the magnitude). That is why the air fences collapse when you hit them (not to prevent you from bouncing back onto the track).

So in a air filled suit you could suffer fatal injuries to your internal organs and yet you never strike a solid object (your body, not the suit).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Stinger562

There is a product that I saw on TV a couple of years ago that was like that.  Not Quite an all out bubble boy set up, but a vest with a line attached to the bike (like a jet ski key)  that  inflated the vest when you and the bike got seperated. Guess it didn't get too far, I haven't seen it since.

Why don't yoy just make some deployable wings so you can just glide away from a get off and land like a butterfly ;D  you could use them on the front straight Daytona for fun, glide down to main street. ;D

Team-G

QuoteActually, making a suit that fills with a gas and causes you to bounce will exert higher forces on your body (can be twice the magnitude).

So in a air filled suit you could suffer fatal injuries to your internal organs and yet you never strike a solid object (your body, not the suit).

Just when I thought I had an original idea...

So the helium would cause us to float above the surface while the corner workers armed with pellet guns or sling shots (waving a 'lame duck' flag) could deflate the suits, and bring us safely back to the track surface,  just in time to get creamed by the second wave.  

See what Vicadin does with the imagination?

Thingy

I thought that I was up in the air long enough for Dave to ride underneath me and the firemen to come out and hold out one of those suicide jumper catch contraptions to catch me.  That way, neither of us would have been hurt.

Maybe we could rig parachutes to our leathers and it could trigger like an ejection seat in a fighter plane.

PS - Percocet is even better for the imagination.  :P
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Team-G

QuoteI thought that I was up in the air long enough for Dave to ride underneath me...

I knew I should have ducked instead of trying the 'hi-five'......."Dude, nice dismount...."

Ridgeway

Quotemaking a suit that fills with a gas

hehehe

Sometimes my suit fill with gas...

Damned BHF concession stand!
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

Jeff

You just need bigger high-side's Bill...  that's all...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

Thingy, Lonny was filling me in on your history with the last several Wegman weekends.  Listen, buddy....  The idea behind Wegman weekend is to DONATE money to help OTHER racers, not to see if you can GET SOME TO TAKE HOME WITH YOU!
 :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteThingy, Lonny was filling me in on your history with the last several Wegman weekends.  Listen, buddy....  The idea behind Wegman weekend is to DONATE money to help OTHER racers, not to see if you can GET SOME TO TAKE HOME WITH YOU!
 :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D ;)

Now that's just wrong!   >:(

... but damn funny.   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

PaulV

:-/Posted by: Team-G Posted on: Aug 30th, 2005, 11:33am
There's gotta be a less painful way to get off...

Dude, are you sure your not doing it wrong?????? 8)
Get Well Soon Champ, even when there's nothing going on, shit happens......
Come on 2006!!!! ;)
See Better, Ride Safer!

Team-G

QuoteDude, are you sure your not doing it wrong?????? 8)

Yeah, you got the better idea; let your boss ride your bike and total everything including your riding gear...betcha he feels like an a$$hole  :-X