News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Leather knee sliders ?

Started by cardzilla, August 18, 2005, 07:40:34 AM

cardzilla

I thought for sure there'd be a previous post on this , but nada.

I was thinking of getting leather knee sliders and I was wondering what they're like.  Anyone use them?  I would think they'd drag horribly, but then I guess no one would buy them so they must do something to prevent that.  Feedback is appreciated.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

AM_#726

I use A&G black leather sliders...That is all I have ever used so I cant give you  a good comp. but I have to say I like them alot...No hard scraping noise from them. The sliders are not like a normal leather. They are a little hard but have great feel. I hope this helps. ;D

KBOlsen

I've used both the hard plastic and leather sliders...

To me, leather is "grabbier".  

The plastic offers less resistance, slides easier and wears longer.

I went from plastic to leather, and would probably not buy the leather ones again.

Your mileage may vary.  A lot depends on the riding style of the individual.

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Chuck

I love them...they last forever.

Gixxer124

But they smell funny when they get hot. :P

AM_#726

Only to the people behind you. ;) I like the smoke screen effect :o

randyr

ive tried at least ten differen types of sliders. only by chance did i come bye a leather set. there is absolutely no comparison. the leather pucks are smoother, quieter, an last twice as long. they are all i've used for the last 5 years. try them. Asphalt & Gas makes the ones ive used.

AM_#726

YEA GO LEATHER!!! >:(  If its good enough to wear on your body then... besides you dont wear plastic do you ;D

Thumper881

Vanson has a new compound plastic. Less resistance, less noise. I just used them once so I don't know about the wear factor.

Mongrel

I have used Vanson, Ari, Intuitive, and leather A&G.  Out of all of them I like the leather the best.  They have the best feel not grabby or super slick either.  The Ari were my second favorite but I cracked one when I hit a rumble strip.  For plactic they had the most leather like feel.  The Vanson's were extremely noisy, lacked feel and wore quickly.  The Intuitive last forever but had no real feel.

Super Dave

A & G makes different compounds.  I've used the grabbie-don't-last-long ones and the superbike endurance ones.  Loved the Superbike endurance ones.

I tested different compounds of slider material for Vanson.  I think my knee is still the knee in the slider page of their catalog.  Anyway, there's several materials that a slider can be made from.  It does come down to a lot of personal preference.  

Some riders ride their knee long and hard, others seldom touch down.
Super Dave