News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Shirt

Started by tomespo214, July 22, 2005, 08:46:59 AM

tomespo214

Do I have to wear a shirt for my first 2 races?  

spyderchick

No, you have to wear leathers, it's in the rulebook. :P ;D

Wear it for as long as you need. One race or whatever. It's just to tell the other racers you're new.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

AM_#726

Should this be a poll?? Who thinks you should wear one...Some people say its a target some people say it helps to know that the person wearing one may not hold his line or make a mistake. I say wear it. (untill you feel good in the pack)  ;) ;D

gpstar1

QuoteShould this be a poll?? Who thinks you should wear one...Some people say its a target some people say it helps to know that the person wearing one may not hold his line or make a mistake. I say wear it. (untill you feel good in the pack)  ;) ;D
I second that.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

H-man

I definitely agree with wearing a shirt for (at least)your first race weekend.

Last year was my first.  It is definitely a sensory overload experience.  A lot of bikes in close quarters.  Closer than you may have experienced before.

During the practice sessions, there are bike classes are grouped, so you'll really have some possible disparities.

No need to feel self-conscious about the shirt over your leathers.  A big "yes" for wearing the shirt.  

Oh yeah, above all.  Relax, enjoy the entire experience (especially meeting the other racers).  Podiums and winning will come in due time if it is ever to. 8)
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

cleezmo

I believe the rules say you HAVE to wear the shirt your first race weekend, but it's been a while so I could be wrong.

Another factor is what class(es) you are running. If you're gridding with 10-12 other LW bikes, the shirt probably isn't needed. If you're one of the last few (slowest) 600s in a 25-30 bike novice grid, wearing it might make sense. If you're in a practice session with a lot of faster experts, maybe wear the shirt in practice but not in the race...

I definetely pay attention when I see a rider wearing one, try to give him/her a little more room, etc.

Just my $0.02

G-reg

No, you don't have to.. When I took the class, I wore the shirt and one other guy who took the class did, but I recognized two other guys racing without the shirts..
--Greg
MW EX#84

H-man

WERA requires the wearing of a contrasting colour shirt by all PNs.  After 2 race w/e-s one is no longer a PN.

CCS does not have a shirt requirement.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

tomespo214

Thanks guys.  I'll wear it.  Hopefully I am not a slow bastard.

AM_#726

Just have fun 1ST...dont worry about how fast you are (I know thats hard to do) just hold your line and be 8)