News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Elaine Seasly kicked ASS @ Mid-Ohio!

Started by Silo Pete, July 21, 2005, 07:55:37 PM

Silo Pete

I just wanted to say that Elaine Seasly from Tuscon, AZ kicked ASS in Lightweight Superbike (D SBK) at Mid-Ohio. In a fight for the top two podium spots, she rode her @ss off while holding Pants Romano and myself off. We attacked her the whole race, and the only mistake she made on the last lap didn't cost her the race. She's a great rider and earned 2nd place.

Elaine Seasly, you ruled the school baby!

For those of you not there at Mid-Ohio for Clubman or Lightweight Superbike, you missed a great set of races.
Visit Team Ohio Racing for our REV'IT! glove give away at http://ow.ly/9bC4r

rotoboge

But of course...
She's from the Southwest! ;)

Roger@ASMA

Right on Elaine! Good job, musta been that cheap hotel you stayed at on the way up!

kz2zx

The WERA folk are talking about her race here: clicky

Good on ya, Elaine!

MELK-MAN

congrats to yet another lady racer doing well.. !
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Stone

Great Job!!! Glad to see you whooping some serious butt in other regions

blugrl19

Great job, Elaine!  You make all us ASMAers proud. ;D

corien

awesome job elaine!
did you also do ahrma this past weekend? i looked for you but couldn't find you.
corien

Al_Soran

Awesome job Elaine! I don't feel so bad finishing way behind ya' anymore (not that I ever really did- you're an excellent rider)!
See you and Zac in Vegas!  8)

racerxgirl

Dang good job Elaine!!! So what did Zac make you for dinner??  ;D
Looking forward to reading your write up on the Bullseye as always!!  
See you guys in Vegas!
p.s. I still have that jet for you Zac....if you need it before then let me know.

MZGirl

Thanks everyone!  I JUST got home now from our drive from OH back home to Tucson.  This afternoon we stopped by the Arroyo Seco racetrack in New Mexico and ASMA was having a track day.  Everyone there already knew what happened and said "it's all over the message boards!"  So I had to endure another 3 hrs of driving before I could make it home to check it all out.

This was one of the best races ever!  As soon as I saw a flash of blue I didn't even need to look at the number.  I knew it was Pants and the battle of the MZs was on!  We passed back and forth, and were SO CLOSE together.  I could have literally rested my head on his fairing lower as he came up the inside.  Little did I know that Pete and his motard were stalking us both!  I never once turned around to look behind me, because I knew if I did someone would get by.  Zac snapped a pic at the end and when I saw how close it was I was really glad that I never turned around.  After we crossed the checkered I screamed around all 2.4 miles of Mid-Ohio (my fellow SW racers know I'm a screamer) and couldn't stop laughing.  It was just too much fun!

Shawn and Pete were two great guys to race with.  They showed me a great time at the track, and both are class acts to race with.  I wish we lived closer and could race together more often because it was so much fun!  And Pants does an excellent Valentino Rossi podium speech!

I'll have a detailed race report up on my site soon (as soon as I finish writing it).  I tend to write long, detailed race reports, but they contain all of the juicy details of the races.  I definitely have plenty to write about!

In the meantime, here are some pics from that race:

The banner doesn't lie! Pants stalking me as we enter Turn 1.

Here's how close the finish was.

On the podium.

This race definitely made the drive from Tucson to OH and back worth it!

EX#996

Whooo Hoooo!!!

Congratulations!  

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.  It was fun to read and see.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton