News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Whisperings...

Started by TiffineyIngram, July 21, 2005, 08:17:38 AM

TiffineyIngram

Alrighty, for those of you that hate suspense, here's what matters most:

1--You must use the official Daytona pre-entry form to enter the Race of Champions.  No exceptions, don't even ask.

2--The official Daytona pre-entry form will be enclosed in the Daytona mailer, which is going to the printer tomorrow.  You should have it in your mailbox around the second week of August (give or take for production).

3--Campsites will be available for rent through the speedway.

4--We do not have word on the garage situation yet, but I'll keep you posted.

5--Remember, griding is based upon points, but for PRE-ENTERED riders ONLY.  If you post-enter, your grid will be based on order of entry.  No exceptions.

6--The points cut-off AND the pre-entry deadline is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th.  Whatever is in our office by 9am will be what is accepted.  Entries received after 9am are too late and will be returned.

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can.  Thank you for your attention, and good luck!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Excellent post Tiff!

That's the way to anticipate the same questions that pop up every season around this time. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

CCS243

Inquiring minds want to know if it is a 3 or 4 day event!  :-/

Stone

Is griding based upon "total" points or points in that particular class that you race?

rotoboge

When are pre-enties being accepted?
Thanks! ;)

gsxr_rcr

Quote6--The points cut-off AND the pre-entry deadline is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd.  Whatever is in our office by 9am will be what is accepted.  After 9:01am, entries are too late and will be returned.

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can.  Thank you for your attention, and good luck!

Ok Tiff I have a very major question for you about the cut of date and time.  I under stand it is 9:00 am but on MONDAY the 23rd, ok who came up with that.  I assume you are talking 2005 and the 23rd of September is a FRIDAY!!!!!!

So when is the real cut off date????????

Dont hold out on us now we will be waiting.

Also if registration closes on monday if their is a race the prior sat/sun, will those points be counted for the grid postions??

I know its a typo im sure but figured I'd give you a hard time.

Whats really funny is that this thread was read 218 times and I was the first to catch it.

TiffineyIngram

To answer your questions in order:

The weekend will be a 3 day event, just like the spring race.  I'm sorry, but that's the schedule we have to work with.

Griding is based on your points in EACH class.  For example, if you're 1st in Middleweight Superbike, you'll be on the front row with everyone else that's first in their region.  If you're 5th, you'll be with all of the people that are also in 5th.

Pre-entries will not be accepted until the official mailer goes out.  You should have it by mid-August.

Sorry about the cut-off snafu.  The cut-off date will be 9am Monday morning, the 26th.  9 am, no exceptions.  You can enter if you'll be at a race the previous weekend, and the points that you earn on the Sept 24-25 races WILL count towards the points calculations.

And I forgot, the ROC BANQUET is scheduled for Sunday, October 23rd at 7:30pm.  Attire is 'dress to impress'.  As usual, I've arranged for yummy snacks and cash bars.  Hope to see everyone there!

Clarkie49

Thanks for the heads up on the info.

Question 1 - If you have 5 people that have all won their respective area class and all pre-enter how is it decided which riders get which grid positions?

Order of entry received?  Alphabetical?

Question 2 - I am assuming there is a Promoter practice on Thursday, is it Team Hammer?  Is there a Wednesday practice as well?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Fuel to get there:$844.00
Camping:$525.00
Gate Fee:$100.00
Food:$500.00
Entries:$400.00 (est)
Tires:$1035.00
Race fuel:$80.00 (pump gas)

Rough total:$3484.00

Yikes.  I'll pass...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Fat_Nate

QuoteFuel to get there:$844.00
Camping:$525.00
Gate Fee:$100.00
Food:$500.00
Entries:$400.00 (est)
Tires:$1035.00
Race fuel:$80.00 (pump gas)

Rough total:$3484.00

Yikes.  I'll pass...

It's one thing to have the heart of a champion, but the WALLET of a champion is a different thing altogether.

rotoboge

QuoteRough total:$3484.00

Very interesting... Thanks!

Jeff

QuoteVery interesting... Thanks!

And the sick thing about it is that you KNOW that this figure is low...  Doesn't account for any other consumables (oil, brake pads, gearing, etc).

But hey, who said racing was cheap eh?

On average, a 3 race weekend works out to be about $1800-$2k anyhow.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest