News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So I took this job as a Securities Brokerage Rep..

Started by Dawn, June 23, 2005, 06:55:08 AM

Dawn

For those of you in the business...  Any words of wisdom or helpful advice?

;)

Old808

Exagerate, schmooze, flatter, brown-nose and when in doubt, save your portfolio first.  There will be other clients...

Dawn

QuoteExagerate, schmooze, flatter, brown-nose and when in doubt, save your portfolio first.  There will be other clients...

;D     ;D      ;D      ;D

251am

Study, study, study. My stepdad was in it. Scmoozing covers your butt when the chit hit de fan, but healthy ports. keeps more folks coming to ya. Check out www.eis.com for some classes. I just finished their basic and advanced investor classes and they're outta sight. Don't know if your management or service oriented, but either way these folks are makin green?  ;D    

smoke

save all the good tips for us to give us first crack   ;D

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

dylanfan53

Keep your head down and follow through...oh wait, that's golf.

Come south and we'll talk over brewskis after racing.  I'll buy, even though I don't like talking about work on my time off.  A large part of what I like about racing is that I get a total break from work and it never comes up during the day.  Usually I tell people I'm a psychologist.  They just say, "Oh" and we go on to other things.  ;)

BS helps, but you can never BS a BSer so you're going to be doing some homework.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Baltobuell

Maintain you're integrety. You are a good person. The business of selling dreams is wrought with unconchiable thieves. The lure of money can rot the soul. You may be broke but you are, from everything I've read,  happy. Don't let your shiney, glitzy,  new co workers distort your values.

spyderchick

QuoteMaintain you're integrety. You are a good person. The business of selling dreams is wrought with unconchiable thieves. The lure of money can rot the soul. You may be broke but you are, from everything I've read,  happy. Don't let your shiney, glitzy,  new co workers distort your values.

Dawn, looks like you should return the Movado watch and the Escalade. You can keep the spinners.  ;D

Somehow, I don't see Dawn going all high end glitz. The only thing shining would be the example she's set.  :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".