News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VRS support e-mail to CCS

Started by spyderchick, November 27, 2002, 06:53:05 AM

spyderchick

I've just sent my e-mail off to Mr KE. If he reads it, that will will a positive thing. I'm not telling anyone how to do this,(can you tell racers how to do anything?), but this was my formula:

I stated my reason for writing.

I stated the reasons I disagree with CCS (3 strong concise arguments)

And I stated why it would be beneficial to CCS and VRS to reconsider the LP sportrider date.

I think if as a group we let CCS know about our displeasure, but do it quickly and professionally, it could have quite an impact.
My personal opinion: if CCS does not come up with a compromise, but only excuses, we who support and participate in CCS racing will have a clear message from KE on where racers stand in the overall pecking order. It's been said before and I'll reiterate it here, We are the show as well as the customer, your dollar speaks loudly, and you can choose to use it as you see fit.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Dawn

Super Dave

Thanks, I'm just trying to help everyone.  I'm glad everyone wants to help too.

I believe that this is in CCS's hands at this time.
Super Dave

CCS

Dave,

This will be my only public comment on this subject.

First is the apology for not getting the proposal to you before you spoke to Blackhawk. That was a mistake, and I am willing to take responsibility for this action or inaction as this case may be.

Who ever said it was better to write in to CCS with your position and solution clearly and logically stated was correct, the two who couldn't write without the four letter accents were deleted they were completely read. To the other five who wrote in, they will be answered as time allows, I thank them for taking the time to write in.

Whatever the disappointment or anger everyone feels over this subject has been provoked needlessly at this time. Dave, you didn't hesitate to call to ask your Kawasaki Triple to be re-classified, or to tell us the fuel rules would exclude a major amount of widely available pump gas, or to comment on any of the other "ideas" that have come to you. You yourself have stated that I was always willing to listen and evaluate your input; do you think that has changed? Why you insisted on placing this subject on the "Unofficial BBS" before speaking to us is completely baffling. Even Ray Irwin spoke highly of your business skills, which is why you were sent the proposal for working with us on those days, so we would have a starting point of business discussions. It is hard to have a real negotiation or discussion on a BBS thread.

You speak of your "handshake" agreement with Roger Edmondson. There was no written or spoken agreement communicated to PACE/SFX when they acquired CCS regarding the use of VRS as a licensing clinic provider at any facility. There was an agreement with Learning Curves to provide the Saturday licensing clinic at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in place and based on their performance, that agreement was extended to six other facilities in 2001 and beyond.

Dave, I am still waiting for your call.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127