News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

when is ccs going to combine un and hvy class

Started by bmfgsxr, May 23, 2005, 02:19:15 PM

Super Dave

Planning and doing are two different things.

Few, and I'll say it again, FEW people last very long in this sport.  

If you want to race in heavyweight classes because you want to get home early...........

Buy a 750 and race more classes.

Super Dave

gsxr_rcr

QuoteYeah, it would be more expensive, and I do fit all my bills, I don't have a single sponsor. If people can't afford to do the Twin Sprint Weekend, then they can just do their normal load.

By doing this you can then BUY a championship instead of earn it.

And if you were to combine the the HW and UNL classes would it be one race or two??  If I entered both races and they raced together and I won I would really win 2 races.  But by doing that Im screwed out of track time!!!

Leave the HW and UNL classes alone. 1 liter bikes have 3 races normally gto, ss, and sb.  If you go fast thats 2 sets of tires at least unless your really good with tire management then 1 set.  

The people like me that race 750's can probably kick the crap out of a 1 liter bike anyways.  

If you want to race more races by a lightweight bike and race every race, or a middleweight bike, or even a heavyweight bike.  

It was your decision to buy a 1 liter bike not ours.  CCS was nice enough to create a new class for you this year, dont b!tch cause you made the wrong decision.

I was in the same boat you were a couple of years ago when there was no unlimited class it sucked, but I sucked it up and did what I could.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteLeave the HW and UNL classes alone. 1 liter bikes have 3 races normally gto, ss, and sb.  If you go fast thats 2 sets of tires at least unless your really good with tire management then 1 set.

There's also Unlimited GP. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

gsxr_rcr

Yeah Unlimited GP too.

Except in Florida where HD doesnt do it for Amatuers, which kinda sucks.

So there 4 races, you should definately use 2 sets of tires then on a liter bike.

GSXR RACER MIKE

And if all events were Twin Sprints that would be 7 races per event, 1 GT and 3 sprint classes. For those that run 600's normally in MW, HW, & UL classes the number of races required per Twin Sprint event would just be insane! So most likely what would happen is those racers would run the same number of races, just no longer as many classes, which in turn would mean smaller grids overall. So someone that normally ran GTU, MWSS, MWSB, HWSS, HWSB, ULSS, & ULSB (for a total of 7 races per event) would now be required to run 13 races to follow those same classes all season long. To compensate most likely they would drop 3 classes (6 races per event) which again would lead to smaller grids.

I agree with SD, if getting out earlier is your goal, that's not really a very good reason to change the entire system. I race at Heartland Park every year it's on the schedule, which is about 9 hours away for me, also Barber which is about 13 hours away. Convenience isn't really too common of a word associated with this sport, sacrifice would be a better word. I don't like the fact that the Unlimited class racers got stuck with the 1st and last race of the day at the last BFR event, but that's how it worked out. So I'm guessing by the 'time you leave the track' statement that in actuality you would probably still run the same number of classes, just leave earlier in the day? By allowing the 2 HW classes to be run by the UL class bikes it would still mean staying till almost the end of the day in order to run them. A few years ago there was a big discussion on how the racers were getting less track time overall thru less practice time and shorter races which led to our current event schedules with more practice time and longer races (without cutting classes and at the expense of getting out later in the day on Sunday). For a while we were getting done with our races by mid afternoon, but we also started running races before lunch (with less laps for every class) after 2 short practice rounds.

An argument I remember from back then was that the serious racers are the ones showing up for Friday practice and the more recreational racers don't. I personally usually work 6 days a week so I have to use all my vacation time just to follow a race season, even though I'm not 1 of the fast guys. For this reason I usually don't attend the Friday practices or Saturday races and it puts my 1st time on the track for the event on Sunday, which is 2 days after many 1st got on the track.

The class structure is there to provide groups for everyone to race in that are comparable in cc's to what they also have, this is why you can't 'race down' the class structure, but can go up with a smaller displacement bike. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but even someone who's only been racing for a year should be able to figure out that there will only be 4 classes they can run with a 1000. As others have said, and more will say, if you want to run more classes buy another bike or sell the 1000 and get a MW or HW bike. :)

Super Dave

QuoteBy doing this you can then BUY a championship instead of earn it.

LOL!

You had to start that...

When CCS championships limit the number of classes that apply to one's overall points or something, then championships will be more earned than purchased.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quotethen that would free up two more sessions in a weekend for practice.. so the title of my post is counter productive from my actual goal.. lol, pretty funny actually. glad someone caught it though. :)

now remember guys, these are only ideas.

CCS doesn't sell practice, unless they have an SRD on a Friday before the races.  So, regardless of how short the schedule runs, practice time is usually "set".

Super Dave

Zac

So some liter bike guys aren't content with running ULSSS, SLSB, GTO, and ULGP?  So they want to run HWSS and HWSB too so they can race 6 races a day?

I've got a great idea.  My 250 is only legal in 5 classes: LWGP, MWGP, ULGP, GTU, and GTO.  Maybe they should let me race it in LWSS and LWSB as well.  It is pretty much stock.  How about ultra-light?  It would give me more races.

I actually only race 3-4 races, maybe a couple more on a twin sprint.  I would rather they cut out half the classes and make the races twice as long (and I'm sure charge twice as much per class).  It would make the grids bigger and make the championships more meaningful.

If you want to run a literbike, buy a literbike.  If you want to run a lot of classes, buy a 600.  Make the choice, it's that simple.  I made the choice to run two bikes that are only really competitive in one class each: the CR500 in ultra-light and the TZ250 in LWGP.  I don't complain about it, and if I wanted to race a bunch of classes I would have stuck with the 600 I raced last season.

-z.

bmfgsxr

QuoteCCS doesn't sell practice, unless they have an SRD on a Friday before the races.  So, regardless of how short the schedule runs, practice time is usually "set".

i never said they sell practice. i was just trying to think of a way to increase track time. so if unlimited bikes were allowed to run in heavyweight classes we could do away with unlimited superbike(just for example), and heavyweight superbike (and keep the gp class for the modified bikes) then that would free up two more spots to allow for more practice time.    while also allowing the unlimited bikes more races to enter.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quotei never said they sell practice. i was just trying to think of a way to increase track time. so if unlimited bikes were allowed to run in heavyweight classes we could do away with unlimited superbike(just for example), and heavyweight superbike (and keep the gp class for the modified bikes) then that would free up two more spots to allow for more practice time.    while also allowing the unlimited bikes more races to enter.

Ummm, I'm not sure how many HW classes you think there are, but there is only 2. By eliminating 2 classes your back to where you started with 4 classes available for UL. If you were more worried about the time addition for more practice by shortening the total number of races for the day, the elimination of 2 races would only increase practice time for each group by about a total of 6 minutes, not worth it in my book!

bmfgsxr

good points mike.  as ive said a few times. these are just some ideas. i didnt really give any of it much thought before i posted, i just blurted out some thoughts i had on it all.  long story short all i want is to have more available classes to run my 1k in.  so if i started all over all i would have said in my original post would have been...

"so when is ccs going to allow unlimited bikes to run in the heavyweight classes too"

thats all, nothing more, quite simple. forget about knocking off races, adding practice time, etc..   just that.

:)

Super Dave

Quote"so when is ccs going to allow unlimited bikes to run in the heavyweight classes too"

thats all, nothing more, quite simple. forget about knocking off races, adding practice time, etc..   just that.

:)

Easy...never.

Super Dave