News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Illinois Tenure status laws

Started by Burt Munro, May 19, 2005, 10:43:26 PM

Burt Munro

Definitions of tenure on the Web:
  • the term during which some position is held
  • give life-time employment to; "She was tenured after she published her book"
  • the right to hold property;
  • part of an ancient hierarchical system of holding lands
  • an antiquated system utilized by an organization called CCS wherein brethern UAW members are granted lifetime Yellow Plate status should they not prove worthy of elevation to the Expert classification within 5 years while mounted on a steed of the Buell lineage

www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Oooooooooooooo!

Pretty ballsy for a non-racer! :D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Burt Munro

Yeah, Chris, I don't think he's figured out yet that I'm trying to insult him!

Maybe I need to take some Creative Writing lessons from you too! ;D

Mark Bernard

QuoteYeah, Chris, I don't think he's figured out yet that I'm trying to insult him!

Maybe I need to take some Creative Writing lessons from you too! ;D

Yea... It was just pointed out to me. You make me laugh long time... you bastard!  ;) I dont make the rules, I just race by them. I was going to try for 6 but I figured that it would be pushing it a little.  ;D I think my days are numbered......  :-[
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Burt Munro

QuoteYea... It was just pointed out to me. You make me laugh long time... you bastard!  ;) I dont make the rules, I just race by them. I was going to try for 6 but I figured that it would be pushing it a little.  ;D I think my days are numbered......  :-[

What do you expect when you never run classes where you could actually accumulate some points! ;D

Baltobuell

I going to defend Buellers everywhere here. Unless you're going to go waste money running classes you can't possibly be in the running, (Supersport, and a SS Buell will get it's butt handed to it anywhere else) you really have to have it together to get expert points. I'll admit to being a dufus, but my rating was 8 something in 2002 and couldn't accumulate enough points to become expert. "sigh" so I'm retired as an amature. The only good point is you can run Thunderbike and make some money as a amature. For some reason LWGP, LWSB, F40, and HWsportsman(now Thunderbike) isn't enough to make expert unless you hit every weekend everwhere and have the dough and time to travel. I think superbike is the only one that pays points, maybe GP.  A race is a race and that should pay points.  
 PS: I LOVED racing a Buell. It was fun, it was different, and the local Harley shop appreciated me doing it with lots of freebees, (even as a nobody ol'guy amature). They are absolutly great motorcycles for the street, but take a little work to get them track ready, (hence the SS delema) The problem is the points system, not the product or the rider.

Mark Bernard

QuoteWhat do you expect when you never run classes where you could actually accumulate some points! ;D

Well, I usually run LW F-40, Supertwins, Thunderbike and LW GP. I addes LW SS to the list this year so "neaaaaah"  :-* I am now in 2 classes that do count in toatal points. Be nice or I'll buzz the wall again and blow your hat off!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

PJ

I disagree Doug. But I think that perspective may come from racing a tube-frame Buell vs. an XB. I've raced both, and there's a big difference.

My Supersport legal XB is plenty competitive in all the LW classes (SS, SB, GP) plus GT Lights. Points in these classes count towards overall, plus expert status.

Thunderbike is, of course, a good Buell class. And if dirt calls you dad, you can run Formula 40 Lightweight.

A good rider on a Buell can also be competitive in Super Twins, especially on tighter courses.

Bernie, I'm proud of you, man! Something sure clicked for you this season and you've got it going on.

I'll be watching my back next year, when you're an expert on an XB...

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Al_Soran

Hey Paul how's it going?
I got my parts in from Henry Duga so it looks like we'll have the XB ready to go less suspension goodies for June 5th. Hopefully we'll get the stock suspension dialed in reasonably well to be competitive or at least safe. The sag numbers I got from Henry took the the stock suspension to it's limits in terms of preload, so needless to say I'll be glad when I get the Penske in and have the forks reworked.

As for the XB being competitive.... to put this in perspective, I've been riding an EX 500 in the lightweight classes and holding my own. It does get frustrating getting out motored on the straights by the SV's, but then again, I remind myself I'm just out here to have a good time. I'll still run the EX in Ultralight Superbike, but the Buell will be used for LW Superbike, LW GP, Thunderbike, and  LW Formula 40...should be fun! If I sandbag the rest of the season I should be able to keep my yellow plate! ;D

Baltobuell

Paul, You're right that I was thinking about the old tube frame Sportster powered bikes. I guess not as many of them racing these days so things are different.

PJ

QuoteHey Paul how's it going?
I got my parts in from Henry Duga so it looks like we'll have the XB ready to go less suspension goodies for June 5th. Hopefully we'll get the stock suspension dialed in reasonably well to be competitive or at least safe. The sag numbers I got from Henry took the the stock suspension to it's limits in terms of preload, so needless to say I'll be glad when I get the Penske in and have the forks reworked.

As for the XB being competitive.... to put this in perspective, I've been riding an EX 500 in the lightweight classes and holding my own. It does get frustrating getting out motored on the straights by the SV's, but then again, I remind myself I'm just out here to have a good time. I'll still run the EX in Ultralight Superbike, but the Buell will be used for LW Superbike, LW GP, Thunderbike, and  LW Formula 40...should be fun! If I sandbag the rest of the season I should be able to keep my yellow plate! ;D

Cool Ed! Please keep me posted on how you do. I rode my XB at max pre-load for a few races before I got stiffer springs. Not terrible, but getting the bike into the proper range of adjustment was much better. Good luck and have fun!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

PJ

QuotePaul, You're right that I was thinking about the old tube frame Sportster powered bikes. I guess not as many of them racing these days so things are different.

Night and day, Doug. In fact, I've seen a few guys who were fast on tube-frame bikes really struggle to come to grips with the XB. Both Clint Brotz and Greg Avello had trouble adapting early on.

As for me, the best I could do with my S1/M2 hybrid at Blackhawk Farms (a fairly tight and technical track) was a high 1:19. On my XB9, with 20 less horsepower, I can do 1:18 flats. On my XB12, I've dipped into the mid 1:16s.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70