News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP releases

Started by cornercamping, October 16, 2004, 06:31:35 AM

Protein Filled

Yeah, I remember that Shobert/Magee incident. In a way, it ended both of their careers... also Duhamel on the Harley at BIR was just plainly amazing!

Regarding Mladlin, I don't think you can call him a cherrypicker. He is the top rider on the top class of superbikes... He chooses not to ride a MotoGP bike, which I think is smart for someone his age. He got a shot at it with the Cagiva. No need to do it again. He can sure as hell ride a Superbike and there is no shame in that. Look at guys like Haga and McCoy going to WSB. Took them a while to get up to speed.

Hale had a few real good rides on that RC30 and then went to WSB (I think it was with Rumi, right?) and got screwed by Honda!

BTW, Nicky re-signed with Honda for 2 more years:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Oct/041019_69.htm
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

cornercamping

After reading the Q&A below, I dislike him even more:   (Taken from RRW .com interview with Matt Mladin)

BEGIN

Q: Do you still have that desire for either GP or World Superbike, or will you conclude you career in America?

A: IÕd imagine that IÕd finish my racing career here in the US. The GP thing has always interested me since I was there in Õ93, but certainly even less the more years that we go along, because it is one of those things where you really do need the right package, bike and team, or else you are wasting your time. There are only so many factory bikes to go around and the unfortunate thing is that IÕm unlikely to get one. Honda have already stated that they will only have two official factory bikes in MotoGP and the rest will be the next step down.

As for World Superbike, it just doesnÕt interest me full stop. The level of racing I donÕt think is that high. To have to travel around the world to say that you race in World Superbike does not appeal to me. I see it as a huge step backwards to what IÕm doing here in America. The rules between SWC and the AMA may be slightly different, but the teams here still get the very latest equipment from the factories, so on that score this series is very strong.

To give you an idea, we had factory rider Regis Laconi race here at the final round last weekend, straight after being a title contender in the SWC a week earlier and he couldnÕt get within a second and a half a lap within our times. During the second race I had to do a stop / go for jumping the start and was still able to catch and beat him by over 5 seconds at the end of the race. The AMA is not an easy series by any stretch of the imagination.

END

Matt Mladin talking crap about Regis Laconi's lap times  :o  Matt Mladin couldn't wipe Regis Laconi's butt.   How many times has Laconi been to VIR? WSBK riding level isn't that high  :o  I hope Haga, Laconi, and the others race AMA and hand Mladin his butt !    >:(  Mladin has completely disrespected the whole WSBK paddock in my opinion by saying "the level of racing isn't that high."  B.S.   Haga wouldn't give or couldn't give Mladin a run for his money  :o  Someone needs to come in and pop Mladin's oversized ego.   Also, regarding Laconi, what kind of support and bike did he have for VIR compared to the level of support and equipment in WSBK?  Did he run a full Ducati Corse prepped 999F04 or another B bike hand me down like Bostrom?

Mladin gets no respect from me now.  :o  Champion or not, he's a jerk off.  Hope that someone who knows him shows him this thread, not that he'd care.  Hope he falls off his high horse.  >:(

Old808

QuoteMladin gets no respect from me now.  :o  Champion or not, he's a jerk off.  Hope that someone who knows him shows him this thread, not that he'd care.  Hope he falls off his high horse.  >:(
I am tempted to send him an e-mail about this thread, but I am afraid it might break his heart...  ::)

cornercamping

I'd love to hear his opinion too  ::)  Call Yates why your at it and ask him what WWF move he'll use at Daytona next season  ;D  :P   Better yet, let me see if I can get Rossi on the BBS real quick to be able to comment on Mladin's comments.   I'd call Haga, but you know what Mladin says, he's above those guys  ::)

::)

Old808

QuoteI'd love to hear his opinion too  ::)  Call Yates why your at it and ask him what WWF move he'll use at Daytona next season  ;D  :P   Better yet, let me see if I can get Rossi on the BBS real quick to be able to comment on Mladin's comments.   I'd call Haga, but you know what Mladin says, he's above those guys  ::)

::)
I don't have Yates' contact info...

cornercamping

Then someone find Anthony Fania's number and see if he has it.   Geez.. network people, network.

;D

Old808

QuoteThen someone find Anthony Fania's number and see if he has it.   Geez.. network people, network.

;D
Hold on to your day job, whatever it is this week.  Comedy isn't going to work for you.

cornercamping

Neither is my day job.  I've about had it with work and everything else.   >:(

shakenbake

Ok, I haven't read all 5 pages, so sue me if I repeat anything.

As far as Mladin Cherry Picking....WHATEVER!  Did he win every race? NO.  He's working for those wins.  Duhamel, well he just Kicks @ss, he should be every racer over 30 hero.  Try telling him he's too old to be racing.

Privateers and the AMA...Yes there are haves and have not's, and it does stink.  Why can't hey do like MotoGP and have factory support teams, that might help close the gap.   Or else have a true super stock class where the only Diff would be the rider.

As far as Nicky coming home and kicking butt....I doubt it.  He won his AMA title on the RC51 and everyone else was on 750's.  Things are different know, I think he would have his hands full.

In closing...Yates is a tool.  If I did that in my work place I would have lost my job, been sued and probally went to jail for assault.

Johnny B

I'll throw in the story now.
When Kevin Magee was injured in 1990, MacKenzie subbed for him for the rest of the season on the Lucky Strike Suzuki. Despite starting his year at Round 3, he finished the season fourth in the points.
Magee had a binding contract, so he came back in 1991, leaving Niall without a ride. Christian Sarron took pity upon him, so he made a special arrangement. Jean Phillipe Ruggia had two bikes at his disposal, and he was to pick which bike he wanted to race at the end of the first round of practice. The other bike would then go to Niall for qualifying and the race.
Each time, Ruggia would pick his bike and dismiss the other one that went to MacKenzie as an unridable piece of junk. MacKenzie would qualify ahead of Ruggia and then finish ahead of him in the race. After the race, Ruggia's dad would go to the press and complain that his son got beat because Yamaha gave MacKenzie the better bike! After a season of this, the Ruggia Clause, which banned Jean Phillipe's father from the pits, was inserted into his contract.  ;D
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com