News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP releases

Started by cornercamping, October 16, 2004, 06:31:35 AM

cornercamping

QuoteI am done for today, but I will leave you with one question. ÊFollowing your reasoning, Kurtis Roberts has accomplished more in his career than Matt Mladin. ÊCould you say that in public with a straight face?

Actuallly  I could argue it.  Primairly becasue he TRIED.  Mladin has not.   Team Vesrah Suzuki is the same way in my eyes.   How come Mark Jung and Tray Batey don't race AMA at this time?  Money more than likely right?

My whole point to all of this is that if you have the talent, you should compete with the best.  Once your the best in your "league" you should move up to a better "league."  Nothing more.   It's just my feelings on anything.  Once you climb one mountain, you should move on to a bigger one.  That's all.  Climbing the same mountain over and over again means nothing once you've done it a few times.

I guess the $ has more power and influence over anything :(  It's a damn shame too.  You never know who might just be the next champion.  I"d like to see Geof May be the next, but until someone steps down from their factory ride, more than likely he'll never get a chance.    :-/

Since I'm still a youngin'... has there ever been a #1 AMA Title that a privateer got on his/her own without a factory ride?

cornercamping

It's gonna be a loooonnnnnnnggggggggg winter  ;D

cornercamping

QuoteLooks like I sell cars for a Ford dealership now. ÊStart on Monday...and head to Barber to race on Wednesday evening...LOL!

Does that mean racer discounts for everyone on F350's  ;D

Super Dave

Scott Zampach won the AMA 600 Supersport National Championship from Wisconsin.  He was sponsored by Don & Roy's in Brookfield, WI.  The tuner was Terry, I can't remember his last name, and he works for the Hal's Buell crew.

Todd Harrington won the AMA 600 Supersport Race at Road America in like 1996 or on his http://4and6.com Kawasaki ZX6R.  Got him a ride with Muzzy the next year.

Vesrah Suzuki.  Good question.

The marketing from Vesrah, Suzuki, and various sponsors precludes that they do WERA endurance.  Team Hammer, which is John Ulrich's Team Valvoline now, had the same problem;  they were seen as the top guys that were cherry picking.  In 1985 4&6 fielded some kid named John Kosinski and Dave Aldana to beat them.

Everyone needs to be beat.

Anyway, sponsors want Vesrah to do what they do.  They are willing to pay for it.

Should Yoshimura just move out of AMA Superbike to WSB?

FBF left the US to do WSB with Jamie James in 1989 and then with Doug Polen to win a couple of WSB titles.  Then returned.  

Shoemacker has won how many F1 titles...should he leave the earth for something better?  

But the sponsors still pay him to show up.

Beating Mladin is just a matter of bein more organized than Rich Doan of Yoshimura (who was part of the Human Race Team...a team that beat John Ulrich's Team Suzuki Endurance program of the early 90's) and ride faster than Mat.

Honda, Ducati, Kawasaki, Aprilia, and Yamaha just need to pay someone to ride faster and be better organized.  Easy as that, isn't it?

I'll discount everything....Too bad they don't make the SVT Focus anymore.
Super Dave

cornercamping

Now that would be something interesting.  Aprilia in AMA superbike.   Hmm... something like that would be good for a privateer like Geoff May and Eric Wood.  "New" factory team in AMA taking in privateers with full factory support.

??? :-/

cornercamping

Come to think of it, Aprilia would make an interesting presentation in AMA.  It's hard to explain an Aprilia bike to anyone that hasn't owned both a Aprilia and a Ducati.

Thingy

Um, I believe that there is going to be an Aprilia factory team the AMA next year.  Of course, I am not sure how much 'factory' support they have.

And, Mladin and Duhamel have both been in GP racing.  Admittedly, Mladin went when he was too young.  But, if they thought that he would be good enough, somebody would have kept him.  They didn't.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

cornercamping

I don't know how well an Aprilia would do in AMA without having the "race engineers" there to work on the bikes.  Kinda high maintance, but then again aren't most of those bikes  ???  Bah... nevermind.

I don't think either of them have raced in MotoGP.  Maybe USGP  ???  Who knows  ??? I sure would like to see it though.  Mladin and Duhamel in a future GP round together.  That would definelty be interesting.  

Then Hopper wouldn't look as bad  ;D :P

cornercamping

How about this old wise ones...

Has an Italian V-Twin ever won an AMA championship?  Ducati maybe back in the day  ???

cornercamping

Interesting Rossi info:

" If Rossi finishes in the top three in the Australian GP, it will be his 100th podium finish in all classes of Grand Prix racing in what will be his 139th GP start."

:o  

and Biaggi hurt his foot by dropping a box on it in the garage  ;D

Burt Munro

QuoteHow about this old wise ones...

Has an Italian V-Twin ever won an AMA championship?  Ducati maybe back in the day  ???

Superbike:
1994 Troy Corser Ducati
1993 Doug Polen Ducati

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Burt Munro

Check out this link for a number of other Italian V twin championships...  (and even a German horizontally opposed twin championship!) ;D

http://www.amaproracing.com/archive/2003/sb/06_SB_Past_Champs.pdf
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!