question on road america...should i go???

Started by suzukiracingbr, April 18, 2005, 12:49:37 AM

suzukiracingbr

ok...i went to a couple track days last year and the year before on beloit il. ...i would love to go mess around on Elkhart Lake but i am kinda scare to go since will be the first race(every one there will be good)i am just trying to get better at the sport i am assuming there will be not another time to go since they don't have track days for ccs...should i go or just wait till next year again???let me know what you guys think

251am

If you can afford it, go. You don't have to be CCS/AMA expert fast to have fun at RAmerica. If you're intimidated by the track, leave the bike at home and just walk around asking questions.  

EM JAY

Do you have a liscence already?  My very first race was at Road America, never did track days, just learned how to ride the year before, got my liscence in the rain at Blackhawk.  I was on an MZ, reaaaly slow for Road America, I had a BLAST tho!!    ;)   So do it if you can afford it.  They do have other track days other than CCS there.

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

tzracer

Ra is not such a bad track to start on. If you are slow, you will not get lapped as often, and there are more opportunities to pass than at many smaller tracks. Don't let the speed intimidate you, just ride at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Scott

I got my license from Learning Curves and did my very first race at Road America.  I actually think it's a pretty good place to start.  Huge track so your not as likely to get lapped, plus it's so wide there is plenty of space if you do get lapped.  By the way, I got last place my first race so you'll probably do better than I did.

suzukiracingbr

yes i do have my licence...just feel intimidated since its the first week...i am assuming there will be only super fast riders out there

sv303

RA is going to be my first race too.  I'll be riding an SV650.  I did a few tracks and loved it.  So I'm going to try racing this year.    I'm a little nervous to but I think thats a good thing.

EM JAY

Stop on by our pit if you have any questions or need anything.  I'll be there late Thursday till Sunday.  

Bike #'s-   Am#123(Jordan), Ex#140(Ike), Ex#58(Mike), Not sure who else will be with us.. :P
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Xian_13

Quoteyes i do have my licence...just feel intimidated since its the first week...i am assuming there will be only super fast riders out there

RA is such a long track, there is little chance of you getting lapped in a sprint race.
All of the fast guys will be way ahead of you... and out of your way ;D

Get the butterflies out here...
On the small tighter track, the racing is much closer and unless you are fast Am... there is a rear good chance you will get lapped.

Just my 2.5 cents
XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT