scoring question

Started by tug296, April 12, 2005, 02:07:52 PM

tug296

Raced at Jennings April 3rd. Did Expert Super Twins and F-40, back to back. Pain from broken Ribs, so pulled in after the start of race 1, did not complete a full lap so not scored.
Race 2, F-40, started and painfully completed 2 laps, but not scored in the latest results.
 Way back in the points, just curious as to why I wasn't scored in race 2, as I did complete the minimum amount required to be scored.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Woofentino Pugrossi

I doubt DNF's are scored.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tzracer

If you complete a lap you should get scored and recieve points.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

rotoboge

Good for you riding with broken ribs! Did that
number last year more than once... Really takes
a dedicated racer to "ride through pain" like that! ;)

tug296

Thanks for your input, if I was more competitive I might complain about it.
Maybe give it another go at next Jennings event with some kind of cushioned pad inside leathers.
Florida Region,  

Super Dave

There might be more rule on this as there were people racing in races for championship points, but only completing one or two laps.  When you pay points to 50th, and there are eight riders...

Anyway, I thought that some of the rules were changed to require more laps to be completed to be scored in the final results.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Draft copy of 2005 Rule book:

3.4.7 Scoring Procedures
A. To be classified on the results, after starting from the race grid or pit road, the
rider and machine must complete one lap and cross the finish line either on the
track or on pit road.
(1). Any rider deemed to be abusing this procedure will be penalized or disqualified.
This is a judgment call by the Referee or Race Director and is not protestable.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

rotoboge

QuoteMaybe give it another go at next Jennings event with some kind of cushioned pad inside leathers.

I purchased an electric heating pad, which I
would sleep with on my side. Really helped the
healing process and it felt damn good too.
Try it, you'll see what I mean. ;)

tug296

I'm using heating pads and ice packs, it feels better when applied, but when I'm on the bike and in a turn the pain is too much, can't tuck in properly ect.

I may have deeper issues going on, that is, when I broke my Collar bone almost 3 years ago, at the Hospital, the x-ray girl asked where does it hurt?
I said feet, knees, hip, shoulder, and head, so evrything except Ribs were x-rayed, CAT scan says thats when I broke the Ribs. Never knew Ribs were broken.
so never took the care they needed to knit.
Don't know what to do about them now, but it's very appearent I can not ride at the level I would like.

Proud to have won the Florida Region Am. Super Twins Points last year, and 3rd. in Am. F.40 my motivation was my Collar Bone dilema.
Had to get it plated, raced Daytona in 02 with the plate in, realized I had to get the plate removed, it was poking up and my Leathers pressing on it was miserable agony. Used 2 mouse pads taped together with a hole cut in them where the plate could poke through with less pressure on it.

It was all to prove to myself that I could overcome another obstacle, now paying the price.

Plus, I race a 1999 Honda Super Hawk, stock except for Microns, not even jetted, so consistancy was the key to winning the points. Great street bike, but not a good race bike, heavy and hard to get through the turns with right shoulder at no more than 60 %.

I'm rambling now but feels good to get my excuses out.

Thanks.
Florida Region,