OT: How to correct this situation?

Started by StumpysWife, April 06, 2005, 05:57:48 AM

StumpysWife

I work at a public library.  All the suggestions in our suggestion box go through me.  This one came in yesturday.  The patron signed his name and gave an address and phone number to be contacted so he is serious.

"You need to get some Star Wars models because only having Star Trek models is not fair to Star Wars fans which are much more prominent. Thanks much."

Obviously, we've made a major oversight here at the library.  How do we make amends?

Heather

251am

Strange? Yes. Serious? Hmmm, give him a call back and ask if he would like to "donate" a model as the budgets are getting tighter and needed for books. Is this a display in the sci-fi area?    

tzracer

Put up a sign saying that Star Trek donated models and Star Wars did not. The library does not have sufficient funds to keep all Scifi fans happy.

Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

StumpysWife

The display of models is temporary.  There is a scale modeling competition here Saturday so it's basically to advertise it.  Plus the local Star Trek club meets here monthly and one member is an almost daily patron.  

The funny thing is there is a life-size model of one of those Star Wars robots from one of the newer movies in the children's department--that was donated.

It's just funny what people get worked up over.  We aim to please, I tell ya!

spyderchick

You could open up an entire can of worms. Then you'll have the Lemony Snicket people at odds with the Harry Potter people. It would be all out literary chaos! Seriously, you should probably respond as 251am suggested, give him a call and ask him if he would be willing to donate some models. SciFi folks are little tetched anyhow.  ::) ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

SliderPhoto

Triumph the wonder dog's take on Star Wars

NWS

http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx

Burt Munro

Dear Patron,

Thank you very much for the recent comment that you dropped in the suggestion box.  We too are greatly disappointed that we were unable to include any Star War models in our display.  Unfortunately, most, if not all of the models that were to be included in our display are no longer in a suitable condition for public viewing.

As you may or may not be aware, we were recently vandalized by a rogue group of hard core Star Trek 'Trekkies' who virtually destroyed all of the Star Wars models that were to be in our display.  Amidst cries that they were on a 'mission to save the Universe,' they broke into the Library the night before the display was to be opened for public viewing.  

Of the models that were not smashed beyond use, many of the remaining models were defiled with graffitti such as, 'Chewbacca chews Tobacco' and 'Princess Leia only dates her brother Luke.'

We have tried to keep many of these details out of the mainstream media for fear of a retaliatory strike by Star Wars fans.  We are only sharing this information with you because we know you can be trusted with this highly classified information.  We are confident that you will not violate this trust by passing any of these details on to any of your many, many friends of Star Wars.

May the force be with you!

Heather Steltenpohl
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

StumpysWife

Yes!  That's it!  Off to letterhead we go!

Heather   ;D

(The Star Trek people do have their local convention here, too, so that probably really irritated the "prominent" Star Wars people.)

Scott

Dear Dork:

In order to remedy this grevious situation, I destroyed all the Star Trek models last night with my Light Sabre.

there, now everybody is even.  Go get a girlfriend.

Jeff

ROFL...

"Sir, may I suggest this book on the female anatomy for your research and study"...

P.S. for $14.99, you can have an internet connection at your home you EFFEN GEEK!!!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

StumpysWife

QuoteROFL...

"Sir, may I suggest this book on the female anatomy for your research and study"...

P.S. for $14.99, you can have an internet connection at your home you EFFEN GEEK!!!

Sorry, those books are all "lost" only to be found in the restrooms or in the drawers of our antique desks and furniture.   :P  

I hope this dude doesn't start counting the number of Star Wars versus Star Trek items in our collection.  He'll have a stroke.

spyderchick

QuoteSorry, those books are all "lost" only to be found in the restrooms or in the drawers of our antique desks and furniture.   :P  

I hope this dude doesn't start counting the number of Star Wars versus Star Trek items in our collection.  He'll have a stroke.

SciFi geeks are tetched I tell ya! :o
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".