R/C plane at BHF?

Started by r1owner, April 03, 2005, 06:10:57 PM

r1owner

Anyone know if its OK to fly one after the races?

GSXR RACER MIKE

Well, they do have a grass airstrip. Might want to check on landing fees? ;) ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

That you'd have to check with Mike Irwin (owner) or the track mgr. But due to the fact they do have an airstrip, there might be some FAA regs against it even though its a private strip.

Plus theres too many kids and people around. You know how they congregate the second you start the motor? ;D I fired mine up at a park where there was NO ONE WITHIN SIGHT and within 45 sec there were 3 kids right by the truck. :o Plus lose signal and have it crash into someone or a car/truck wouldnt make a good weekend.

But there is a AMA saction field near there. I know its been moved from between janesville and beloit, but I'm sure you could find it. You do have to be a AMA member (Academy of Model Aeronautics, not the American motorcycle assoc before anyone pipes up. ;D )
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

spyderchick

Even better, remember Estes Rockets? Wow, those things are cool!  We could use 'em to shoot down errant RC planes!  :o ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

r1owner

Yeah, I figured the "real" airstrip might pose a problem.  I  was an AMA member, but didn't fly much last year, so I have yet to buy my card, but I would if I new I could fly it at the track!   :D

Last time I was at BHF last year, there were hardly any people pitting on the paved road leading into the place.

I hear what you're saying Rob.  I drove my uncle's Viper once.  I stopped in a park to take some pictures, and all kinds of kids pushed their bikes right up to it before the motor even shut off.

r1owner

QuoteEven better, remember Estes Rockets? Wow, those things are cool!  We could use 'em to shoot down errant RC planes!  :o ;) ;D

Is that a challenge?  ;D 8) ;D :o

BRING IT!! ;)

I think it would be easier with a paintball gun. :D

spyderchick

QuoteIs that a challenge?  ;D 8) ;D :o

BRING IT!! ;)

You're probably right on the paint ball guns, and cheaper too. ;)

Nah, those rockets have gotten expensive. I was just thinking we could have an all out air assault.   ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Steviebee

hey r1.. i have a trainer ,40 -size  p-51, and a .032 helicopter and a 90 size british sea fury (that im building with retracts,flaps and everything).    let me know what u find out.  we could have some after races (another hobbie) stuff !!

If youve nver been there, theres room where the "airplane runway" is,  thou ive never seen a plan land there.

Its like 1/4-1/2 mile from the pit area.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteIs that a challenge?  ;D 8) ;D :o

BRING IT!! ;)

How about F-motored rockets? ;D I havent launched one in years. Still have a whole box of rockets.

But still, imagine crashing on the racetrack and having teh gas spill. Thats stuff is slicker than antifreeze.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

QuoteHow about F-motored rockets? ;D I havent launched one in years. Still have a whole box of rockets.

But still, imagine crashing on the racetrack and having teh gas spill. Thats stuff is slicker than antifreeze.

So are you saying you can shoot me down?

I just saw it on the "other" racing board and thought I'd ask here.  It would be a good way to kill some time.  Especially if we took it outside the fencing on the approach road.

tstruyk

anyone know if the airstrip is private?  My folks own a small plane and are considering making the trip for the weekend.... would this be someplace they could fly in?

Is it owned by the same folks that own BHF? How would I/they contact them?

thanks all

tim
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

Quoteanyone know if the airstrip is private?  My folks own a small plane and are considering making the trip for the weekend.... would this be someplace they could fly in?

Is it owned by the same folks that own BHF? How would I/they contact them?

thanks all

tim

Airfield  
Blackhawk Farms Raceway has an airfield suited to light aircraft. During the Vintage Festival you will find many historic planes parked on the field and flying around the area.
Use of Blackhawk Farms Raceway Restricted Landing Area is at your own risk. Use of this RLA requires you to announce your presence and intentions on 122.9 and use noise abatement procedures over residential areas. Call 815-389-2000 for further information.