News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Happiness was...

Started by 251am, April 01, 2005, 02:26:34 AM

251am

a warm puppy. We had to put our little nine month old pup to sleep on Wednesday. He had acute anemia. Make the time for puppy time every day-lay down on the floor with em and let em lick ya. Laugh and giggle. If you have a problem with your pet check out www.2nd chance sancutary.com run by Ron Hines. Wish we had found it sooner cause our vet didn't help much. :'(

EX#996

So sorry to hear about your puppy.   :'(
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

Very sorry to hear about your pup. I know it's tough. Know that you gave your pup a great life while here.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sorry.  Man, that had to suck.  My dogs are family, so I can imagine how you must feel. :'( :'( :'(
Guess what, though?  There's a slew of cute, fuzzy, happy, loving dogs over at the pound right now, just hoping that somebody will bail them out before they get the green needle.  Turn your pain to joy, and go rescue yourself a new fur child.  Just remember that you can't take them all....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

251am

Thanks Chris, Jack, and ex 996, it is nice to know that people I have not even formally met yet, care. My wife Tanya found him at a BMW rally down in Kentucky last September. He and his mother had been dumped at the rally site, Tanya went to Wal-Mart and bought a carrier, and brought him home on the back of her 650GS. Porter was our first. It's kind of one of those, " Geez, can we really do this?" things. All that stuff we were concerned about like time for walks and picking up poop. Money for food and vet. Is he gonna poop in the house? We came to love standing in the backyard waiting for him to pee. Getting his dinner ready. Watching him come around the corner after hearing his nails clicking, his tail just a waggin as he sees me in the office. I'd leave the door open on the woodstove in the basement for awhile, and he'd just soak up the heat, standing there gazing at the flames.  The house feels empty. He's not there to watch me make coffee in the morning or talk to about squirells he missed in the backyard. He was family but we didn't realize just how much. Sorry for the off-topic blathering but dogs are universal. We were his more than we knew.        

secularist

that really sucks.  

hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life is decide it was time to put one of my cats down...I still get choked up about it.  you gave your pup a great 6 months that he might not have otherwise enjoyed and that's awesome.

I've tried to look at it as we are lucky and the animals are lucky.  your puppy touched your lives and opened you up to new experiences...that's a good thing.  when it's time, you will have another puppy find you guys and rescue you again.

KBOlsen

:'(

Heartfelt condolences from my four-legged family to you and your wife.  We lost both a cat and our dog last year... and I don't think things will ever be quite the same.  But I do know that our lives are infinitely richer for having had our hearts touched by the unconditional love of our animals.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

dylanfan53

Sorry to hear about this.  It took about a year and a half before I even considered another dog after my Irish Setter died in my arms of old age one night.  Actually I'd decided not to get another dog until someone showed my wife and me a picture of a new litter and that was that.   Now I have a five month old shadow in the form of a lab puppy and I don't know why I ever hesitated.

Point is, don't be afraid to go at it again.  If you were raising a good dog before, you know what you're doing and that increases the odds that you'll have another good companion.  Best wishes.
Don Cook
CCS #53

spyderchick

Roger's folks lost a 5 month old pup due to diabetes 2 years ago. Losing a young animal sux.  :'(
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteWatching him come around the corner after hearing his nails clicking, his tail just a waggin as he sees me in the office. I'd leave the door open on the woodstove in the basement for awhile, and he'd just soak up the heat, standing there gazing at the flames.  The house feels empty. He's not there to watch me make coffee in the morning or talk to about squirells he missed in the backyard.  
OK, that made me cry....
Pound puppys are the best dogs in the world.  I should know, because I have two.  I played with them a little harder last night....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

251am

Sorry Chris, not my intention. I will go to the pound today and take a look see. We've been looking at the rescue sites for variuos breeds. Porter was a cross between a beagle and a dacschund and a black and tan coonhound. The most personable funnest happy dog I've seen. We'll be looking around soon. Thanks for your help guys-the pain is starting to melt away. Thanks.

Decreasing_Dave

Taste like chicken.........

;D

SliderPhoto

QuoteTaste like chicken.........

;D

Easy to see why I'd trade your life for that of a puppy.

pigs in zen

251am

Sorry Dave Yeski, you're beyond good taste, but I understand all the stress of having 500+ Minutemen running around the SV reservation would have me stressed out too. I'll take your disability into account per your misjudgement on my dog.  

mad_brad

sorry, to hear this.

i wnet and gave my dogs a big hug. thanks for reminding the important things.......

mad_brad

to expound........ my cat "sweet pea" was pulled off a dead mothers' teet. she was the last kitten and the rest were dead. she's runted, but ten years later still playfights like a champ. she was the first pet i never wanted....i snuck her into the hospital i worked in, and fed her every two hours, until i got caught doing it. then i snuck home and fed her after that. (eagle brand milk, and egg yolks if you ever rescue a newborn kitten)

then, came my "free" dog bailey. hit crossing the road following his mother across highway 74 on my way home. she was killed instantly, and he cost me over 2 grand to fix.

my third pet, was beaten daily by an a$$hole next door neighbor repeatedly. (yeah, i was that guy on cops trying to beat his ass regularly in a "domestic" dispute). finally, when i moved away from charlotte, i waited till it was dark, snuck in the p r i c k's backyard, and stole maggie, who has only known love everyday since. (she's ultra hand shy, and if you move too quickly, she rolls on her back and pees herself)  >:(

i love all three of my unintentional children.

i still hate mankind though.

Super_KC124

Great story, Brad.

(But your sounding like a wuss.) ;D

mad_brad

i know. i can drive by a stack of dead humans on the road and chuckle. but a dead dog takes it out of me.

so........ catch on fire you bastage.  ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quotefinally, when i moved away from charlotte, i waited till it was dark, snuck in the p r i c k's backyard, and stole maggie, who has only known love everyday since.

Hell yeah!  Nice work.

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteEasy to see why I'd trade your life for that of a puppy.

Thank you Jack for confirming what has always been one of my greatest concerns........

Sheesh....Nobody has any sense of humor anymore.

secularist

Quotei know. i can drive by a stack of dead humans on the road and chuckle. but a dead dog takes it out of me.

always worries me when I agree with Bradley this much...

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteSheesh....Nobody has any sense of humor anymore.
You mess with a man's woman, his dog, or his motorcycle, expct whatever you get.

Mess with Slider Jack, expect the entire CCS Midwest, Great Lakes, Great Plains racing community....

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteYou mess with a man's woman, his dog, or his motorcycle, expct whatever you get.

Mess with Slider Jack, expect the entire CCS Midwest, Great Lakes, Great Plains racing community....

.........whatever  ::)

Chill out,.....Jack made the statement, an insulting one I might add, I just responded.  A man making a statement such as his I'm sure has thick enough skin to withstand a reply such as mine.

I'm not looking for a war........stay out of it.

Dave
 >:(

Dawn

Eh,

Don't worry about it Dave, I'm sure Chris said it with a smirk on his face....

However, I would have to admit, the chicken comment wasn't very funny.   :-/

It's all good though,

Dawn   ;)

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteEh,

However, I would have to admit, the chicken comment wasn't very funny.   :-/

It's all good though,

Dawn   ;)

Hi Dawn,

Will all respect to you and 251am, I appologize for the chicken comment.

I didn't delete it or modify it due to my strict moral standards (stubborness) as I stand behind what I say, regardless of the consequenses.......or the tastefullness  :-/.

I work with an elite group of individuals, held to the highest standards.........and some of the biggest whiners I have ever heard.  I guess at 6 in the morning after listening to the usual chorus of whining I just didn't care to read about 251am's puppy and felt like blurting out (tourets??).

Sorry to offend.

Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteEh,

I was most definetly smirking, because Dave doesn't know that Jack is one of the most beloved people in the midwest racing community.  God help the guy who messed with him or Alexa! (Spyderchick)  They both have a HUGE fan base!
It must be neat to have the adoration of the multitudes....  I'd love to try it, but I'm too cranky to get the job! :-[

SliderPhoto

Quote.... I'd love to try it, but I'm too cranky to get the job! :-[

And I'm not cranky?  8)

Sorry Dave, yeah, didn't find it funny at all, but my comment was over the top. When I lost my two dogs I didn't expect anyone else to understand.... Anyways... it's all good.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteAnd I'm not cranky?  8)

Yes, but you're gifted.  That forgives a lot of sins. ;)

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteAnd I'm not cranky?  8)

Sorry Dave, yeah, didn't find it funny at all, but my comment was over the top. When I lost my two dogs I didn't expect anyone else to understand.... Anyways... it's all good.

I understand Jack.  What you said was on the same scale as what I said, except mine was unsolicited.  Sorry for that.

No excuses for my comment, but, if I could, I would like to offer some insight.

I work in law enforcement, specifically Border Patrol.  my job, for the last 10 years, is to send people back to their country.  These people are often very underpriviledged and deserving, but my job is my job and I do what I have to do.  That and the deaths I come in contact with almost weekly during the summer months tend to put a hard edge on a man.

In the law enforcement community, my original comment, although still distasteful, would have been considered funny by most of my peers.

I'm sorry that I included you folks in our type of bad humor.

Dave

251am

Hey Dave,
    Man, sometimes my intuition is right on.(Your job.) I accept your apology per the bad humor. I have a lot of friends and family in Tucson/Oro Valley, some are LEO and some are MSF folks. I took the BP exam a few years back and failed the personality/profile section. Be careful out there in the field. I have a feeling I'll be down there soon. I'll buy you lunch and maybe you can show me some of the better roads for riding. Have a good one.  

StumpysWife

I'm so sorry about your puppy.  They're all such good boys and girls.  

Heather