LV Classic course layout?

Started by kz2zx, March 31, 2005, 07:01:01 PM

kz2zx

Hi,

Never raced at Las Vegas.  Gonna try end of this month, I think, due to conflict with my wife's plans for my 'regularly scheduled race' weekend.

Anyone have links to a track layout (is it the infield at LVMS?  I know nothing about it...) or any insights to share?

Thanks!

hi-side_racing

No its the classic course... do a search on las vegas motor speedway

kz2zx

Terry, I can't find a link on their page and Google is failing me...

S'ok, I think I can swing ASMA this month anyway (my wife had the wrong weekend in mind), so urgency's off.

Will send you PM on a different board, different topic.

dryheat

Hope this helps. It doesn't have the new pavement, but from what I understand, it was so poorly done that CCS ran the old course.

kz2zx

Zac

Direction is clockwise (we ran anti-clockwise once last year, it sucked).  Turn 1 is on the lower right in that pic.  The current config is a little different in turn 1 and 2.  There is also addition track at the north side, but we haven't run it because the transitions to the new pavement were too rough.  Turn 6 is wicked fast.

Missing this weekend's AMSA race?  I guess we'll see you up at Vegas then.

-z.

kz2zx

Hey, Zac, actually my wife messed me up pretty badly, her conflict is actually tomorrow, not the 9-10 weekend. So I gave away my spot in Phil's trailer to a new racer last night,. But hey, I can and will take the family truck and my trailer to ASMA for our races.

I hope I can get Deven to come along with me, or some other Phoenix-area racer, but even if I eat all the fuel (travel) alone, I'll be at ASMA to race what I think of as 'my' home series.

And, I'm about three days from preregistering the Vegas race, for the experience.  Before my wife remembered the actual date for her commitment, I was thinking the only option I had was Vegas 29-30-01, but now I have the ASMA race AND the CCS race in Vegas on my calendar.  She agrees I can go, there's only my eldest daughter's b'day party details to work out (not on a race weekend).

Not quite sure how it all plays out, but I think I'll be OK to race twice this month, so yes, I will very likely see you guys at Vegas.  And I'm already running the course in my head....