Do Subway cookies taste like plastic?

Started by spyderchick, March 31, 2005, 06:29:27 AM

spyderchick

QuoteDid you ever notice how nobody's chocolate chip cookies taste as good as your Grandmothers?  

My wife got her recipe (if you can call it that ;D) and it's still not the same.  I guess Grandma's  'a little of this and a pinch of that' defies translation!  

Maybe it was the surroundings and atmosphere :)

Oh yeah....  I actually think Subways Macadamia Nut cookies are pretty good ;D

No, it was the fact that grandma had REAL* stuff to put in her cookies, like BUTTER. Not margarine, not oleo, not Crisco butter flavored sewer scum. And REAL chocolate. Not waxy chocolate flavored bits that have less than 10% real cocoa. >:(

And of course Grandma's love. :-*

*(Same reason tamales MUST be made with lard)  
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quotemy "special" brownies
Best eaten in a VW Microbus that's painted like Don's new helmet, while waiting for the Greatful Dead concert to start.... :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

QuoteBest eaten in a VW Microbus that's painted like Don's new helmet, while waiting for the Greatful Dead concert to start.... :o

;D

Do you think you have to be a certain age to know what exactly this implies?  I love the blank stares that I get from the young ones at work at times...   :)

K3 Chris Onwiler

Duuuuuuude!  Was that the green flag?  Whoa!  We should probably go now....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

R1abuser

subways cookies are good, but what pisses me off is they quit giving/taking stamps !!!  Thats BS, you know how many free subs I had !!!  (ok, only ONE... but I am still mad)

spyderchick

QuoteBest eaten in a VW Microbus that's painted like Don's new helmet, while waiting for the Greatful Dead concert to start.... :o

Ain't those kind of "special" brownies.  :-/ ;)

Ever see the episode of "That 70's Show" where Hyde makes "special" brownies? Stoned parents are so funny!

(Now how would I know that, straight edge girl that I am?) ::)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cb186

Quotesubways cookies are good, but what pisses me off is they quit giving/taking stamps !!!  Thats BS, you know how many free subs I had !!!  (ok, only ONE... but I am still mad)

we still have the stamps around here.
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

TZDeSioux

QuoteTheir oatmeal rasian cookies are like crack. ;D

Yeah butt crack

stumpy

Hey I could only vote once! I finally know what a crack addict goes through. Sometimes I have a horrible craving and will do anything for a moist, soft, fresh, warm Subway cookie. Double chocolate is my Favorite but the others will do. Everyone at the Subway here calls me the Cookie Guy and are always excited to tell me they have warm ones. I don't mind doing an extra 25 miles on the bicycle to eat those suckers all day.hmmm My mouth is watering thinking about them :)  Is this some sick prank...can we delete this thread. What a reminder!

God I love cookies...Oh the cookie monster patch is sweet on my leathers ALexa! Along with a perfect job on the rest as always!

Stumpy  
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

dylanfan53

Honey!! The kids are making fun of me on the internet again!!  

I don't bother baking them.  The dough's all I need.  I've been known to buy the ready made stuff in a tube from the store and eat it on the way home.  Don't worry Stumpy. It ain't wrong.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteYeah butt crack

"Control, it looks like Rev Rice's bike is leaking fluid by my corner, request a debris flag wave-off" ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super_KC124