ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

Eric Kelcher

Here is link to last year's results. I think max is 55 or 60

http://www.formulausa.com/results/fusa/081704%20Barber%20CCS.htm
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIt's the swirling eyes, they hypnotize you.
No, it's the swirling bull$hit that hypnotizes you, at least in Edgar's case!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

hi-side_racing

Tom come find me at the next track day, I got to spend 4 days there, and August is a brutal time of year to be there. When I was there is was 88 and high 90s humidity. It was like wearing a wet sweatshirt all day long.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote.....August is a brutal time of year to be there. When I was there is was 88 and high 90s humidity. It was like wearing a wet sweatshirt all day long.

When I was there for the CCS event in '03 the temperature was literally 100*. The humidity was the killer since it had been raining almost every day for something like a month. If I remember correctly the only somewhat clear day was Sunday and even at that it started raining right as I was leaving the track in the early afternoon while the races were still going on. Last year was better, and actually was much more what I would expect for summer in the South at that time (hot).

I really wish CCS raced its 1 and only race at that track at a more reasonably temperatured time of the year. Of course we are kinda in the same boat with the 1 Road America event every year, just to the opposite extreme. Though we do get lucky occasionally, the April event at RA usually has colder damp weather. I have talked with a number of people that wish we still had the 2nd RA event later in the season, I believe it was August. The nice thing with that event was even if it was hot, RA has long straights to help keep your bikes cooling system working well and the average high temps are usually only around 80*. For me personally I would rather race at Barber in the rain in April than Road America, at least the temperature would be alot more reasonable. Rain or cold is 1 thing, but mix the 2 together and it can make an otherwise great racing event miserable. In my opinion, if we only are going to be at RA & Barber once each season I would like to see them swap dates, it would probably make for better racing to see who excells at the track itself instead of a competion in who excells in which ever weather extreme. If you have an event that you run several times per season (like BFR) then weather can be an interesting factor in the equation during the season. But if you only run the track once per season why not try and shoot for good weather at that event? Just my opinion. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

rotoboge

QuoteHere is link to last year's results. I think max is 55 or 60

http://www.formulausa.com/results/fusa/081704%20Barber%20CCS.htm

Thanks!

rotoboge

QuoteTom come find me at the next track day, I got to spend 4 days there, and August is a brutal time of year to be there. When I was there is was 88 and high 90s humidity. It was like wearing a wet sweatshirt all day long.

Will do. Any tips you can provide me would be helpful... like being as fast as you! :o

RoadRacer414

I also need some info on the gearing for a suzuki GSXR600.
Does anyone know?

QuoteHey, I'm a SW racer looking to do a CCS race at Barber in mid-August this year. I believe it's a 3 region event, so it will be well attended.

Anyway, what gearing change is recommended for a GSX-R 600 and a ZXR6 636? Also, what are the typical lap times for the top amatuers on that track? Experts? Any other tidbits to share?
Thanks... and see you all there in August ;)
RACING!!!
Because football, baseball, bowling & golf only require ONE BALL

rotoboge

Anyone care to entertain the "gearing" question? :-/

Protein Filled

I believe for a GSXR 600 it was somewhere around 15-47. Not sure about AM lap times, but I do know the fast expert LW riders were going as fast as 1:33's when we were there for the FUSA weekend last year. Not sure what the 600's were doing though.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

numbskullz181

Wait a minute Edgar, there's nobody left on our Numbskullz team! Well, okay Steve still races when he isn't being a busy motojournalist, but didn't his boss UN-Numbskullz him?
Look into our eyes and repeat, I can not beat the Numbskullz.

And yeah, isn't there good footage of Lacy crashing at Barber on that video website? :-)

Protein Filled

Hmm, I believe Steve said he may race my GSXR in some classes at Road A... Papaw will race his Duc this year. It's actually ready to go!

Regarding the video, yes, there is a good shot of Brian being taken out in turn one!

QuoteWait a minute Edgar, there's nobody left on our Numbskullz team! Well, okay Steve still races when he isn't being a busy motojournalist, but didn't his boss UN-Numbskullz him?
Look into our eyes and repeat, I can not beat the Numbskullz.

And yeah, isn't there good footage of Lacy crashing at Barber on that video website? :-)

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!