cant wait till next year

Started by slowpoke97, November 19, 2002, 12:39:18 PM

slowpoke97

is everybody ready for next year race season cause i am ready to get back out there so i can get faster on the track

KBOlsen

It's really not so bad... we just have to get past Thanksgiving, then Christmas... January will be the worst but then comes the Motorcycle Show and the banquet... then just a couple more weeks until Daytona - It will be spring before you know it.  Right?  Right?? Pleease???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

Quoteis everybody ready for next year race season cause i am ready to get back out there so i can get faster on the track

Ready for next year....  Nope   :(

We have to tear down and rebuild the motor -
Repair the trailer -
Save money for next season -

I really miss racing, but I realize that for us this down time is good.

Dawn   :)

the_weggie_man

Why wait .... set up a dirt bike with ice tires, hook up with a group that regularly ice races (on roadcourse type tracks not ovals) and get to it!  YOU WILL GO FASTER next year on asphalt because of it.

I just heard the testimony last weekend from a friend that raced against my son, "Jr. was fast but not real fast until he started ice riding, after a season of ice racing I couldn't get near him".

You owe it to yourself to get out there.  It is the best off season training you can do.

Eddie#200

QuoteWhy wait .... set up a dirt bike with ice tires, hook up with a group that regularly ice races (on roadcourse type tracks not ovals) and get to it!  YOU WILL GO FASTER next year on asphalt because of it.

I just heard the testimony last weekend from a friend that raced against my son, "Jr. was fast but not real fast until he started ice riding, after a season of ice racing I couldn't get near him".

You owe it to yourself to get out there.  It is the best off season training you can do.

Shhhhhhhhh! ;)

sdiver68

Don't worry, Eddie, most of us don't have a frozen tundra in our backyard ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

Gixxer124

Hey Steve, put some paddle tires on the Duc. The Mississippi is in your backyard. A Duc on the river. That's funny! ;D

andy342

I just got my ice bike.  

Where are some ice roadcourses set up here in SE WI?  I have talked with a guy who runs with the Fox Valley Sportscar Club on a bay off of Lake Winnebago.  They run the cars one at a time on a 3 mile or so roadcourse on the ice.  Occasionally people bring bikes.  Otherwise I only know of clubs that run ovals.

the_weggie_man

I have your email and will keep you posted. Around Milwaukee it's very unorganized but I will notify you and post on here  when I hear of a group going out. Check with Andy Fenwick up in Oshkosh area. They run almost every weekend. Anyone have Andy's email handy?

the_weggie_man