News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Midwest suspension class?  SuperDave/Baker?

Started by OmniGLH, November 19, 2002, 09:35:21 AM

Super Dave

Well, I'm getting in on this late...and my name is being mentioned.

First, let me start here.  I refuse to do my own suspension work, period.  If it is wrong, I have wasted my valuable time, doing the work, installing, reinstalling, and then cr@ppy times on the track as a result.  Waste of money.

Anyone can follow instructions, but to still do suspension work correctly, for this racing application, have Baker Race Gear or 4&6 do it.  Kim, I'm sure that John can do it....

Let me put it this way...Last year, I think five people I knew, decided to service their own front forks.  They came to the track and rode with some complaints.  I went to check things out and non even functioned.  The consequenses for doing that kind of work...it's not work saving the couple of hundred dollars it takes for the labor to have it done RIGHT.

As for me doing a suspension seminar....

I really reserve a lot of that to my school customers, or those who pay for the consultations at the track.  If we want to do something special, sure we can do something.  

But often we need to talk about things that are specific to individual bikes.  I can give you a window, but that still doesn't give a full view.

Thoughts...
Super Dave

max@traxxion.com

Scott Harter is a guy who organizes these events, and I come in and lecture at them.  I will get him on here and have him discuss setting up a class in your region.

Max McAllister

OmniGLH

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

BRG

Anyone interested in a suspension class can E-mail Baker Race Gear/Midwest Axxion Center at brgracing1@cs.com. I will check the number of people interested and set a date for this class. This class will be held is the Southeast Wisconsin area. If I get enough interest I may even get Max to make a guest appearance (WOW).  

Any other suspension related Q's can also be e-mailed to me at brgracing1@cs.com.

We will help anyone, all you have to do is send the e-mail. We will also be at all the Midwest races for trackside suspension support, AMA, CCS, CRA, FUSA, WERA.

Thanks
Brian Baker
President
Baker Race Gear/Midwest Axxion Center

mykelkc

fellas,

cool idea here;

In fact, if there is still interest to bring in a 'web_element' for a virtual collaboration in parallel to the SE wisc. meeting, I can provide standard tools, technologies and servers for the required bits (done these sort of events, chats, webcasts for a couple rock stars):

IRC chat- two way text communication
SlideShow- real-time slide presentation
Streaming Audio- real-time audio webcast
Web hosting, bandwidth services to host and distribute the stuff...

could be pretty cool, especially for the racers who are NOT up here in wonderful wisc. .

michael casey
AM #447 GSXR600

VelocityUniversity

;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey everybody, This is Scott Harter.
Velocity University handles all the suspension classes/ seminars (among other subjects) for Traxxion Dynamics. I would love to set up a class in your area. To accomplish that, I would need someone to accept the role of my point of contact in your region. Please e-mail me for details. I will cut and paste a flyer for V.U. below. Thanks for your interest in V.U.

Scott
harterracing@hotmail.com

VELOCITY UNIVERSITY

"THE SOURCE FOR YOUR MOTORSPORTS EDUCATION"

Ever wished you could just walk up to a Factory Race Team Technician or Tuner and ask him questions for hours about how to tune your bike? Now you can!
Velocity University provides classes at reasonable prices, taught by Industry Professionals.
We are currently planning out our 2003 class schedule, if you would like a class in your area, contact us!

2002 Classes Available:
Suspension Tuning    
Taught by Max McAllister, Founder of Traxxion Dynamics
Learn how to read what your suspension is doing on the track, so you can adjust it properly in the pits. Class is extremely informative. A "requirement" for successful racing at any level. Highly useful for street, novice and experts!

How to get Sponsored in Club Racing and Beyond
Taught by  (Scott Harter, founder of Velocity University and a Guest Industry Professional, TBA)
Learn to do what most think is impossible! Learn real methods to obtain and keep cash paying sponsors. A must for anyone who wants to be able to afford to race! This is easily the most important race class you will ever take, because if you cant afford to get on the track..... nothing else matters.

How to start club racing and avoiding common mistakes.
Taught by  (Bill Gash, multi C.C.S./A.M.A. Regional Class Champ)
Nearly every racer on the track has stories about learning stuff the hard way. What if you could organize all that information and have expert level successful racers explain it to you? You could be certain it was good advice! This class is essential to anyone who is racing or wants to start. Think of it as a jump-start ahead of the guys who learn it the "hard way"

Contact info:

harterracing@hotmail.com

gixxerfever

Hi guys,
My name is Gian and I am resposible for coordinating the classes in the NorthEast region.  if any of you is interested I am currently looking for participants for a potential class in NY.  if you have any questions please email me at OTR_racing@yahoo.com

Bam55

Get a jump start everyone, get Max's book, "Suspension for Mortals" it will not only open your eyes but will help  you all some solve simple but critical issues in our sports most important part, squishy things.

VelocityUniversity

Good Idea, the book is also included in the class. ;D