News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP fuel for Road America etc.

Started by LMsports, March 16, 2005, 03:06:08 PM

LMsports

Ok everyone, its that time for us. We are putting together our stocking orders for our first race weekends and getting ready to kick off the local race season. For those of you that are attending RA and will be needing VP fuel we are working on a program to make sure EVERYONE has the fuel they need. VP is working with us to make sure we can provide the quantities necessary but we need some help from all of you in order to properly project quantities.

This year we have added VP fuel to our online store. All the information that you need to make an educated decision about the kind of fuel you want, price, etc is available. To ensure that you have the fuel you need we are suggesting that you place the order for your fuel by the end of the first week of every month. We get one semi load of fuel per month and our order has to be in by the end of the first week in order for the fuel to make our shipment on the third week of the month. Any fuel that is prepaid for on the site will be ordered and marked with your name as paid and will be held for you at the event of your choosing. We will not ship the fuel and you won't pay any of the freight fees to us. The price on bikejam is the price you pay.

If we work together on this we all come out on top. I can efficiently plan my fuel orders, you know you have fuel waiting for you at the track, and you don't have to worry about any financial transactions at the track, its all done online ahead of time.

The website is //www.bikejam.com check it out and do some planning. Let us know if there is anything else we can do help you get prepared and be ready for the season!

Can a moderator post this as a sticky until RA?
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

TZ_Boy

What about fuel's not listed on the site?  CMP to be specific.

LMsports

We do sell any variety of VP fuel, lubricants, or accessories. I listed all of the varieties that are regular sellers.

If you don't see the variety you are looking for please call us at the shop for more info.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

Eric Kelcher

As an added note Road America requires that you haul out any and all fuel or tires that you bring to the track.

The tire vendors and fuel vendors should take care of the used tires/containers. I had to haul out over 40 empty VP drums and 1 Nutec drum and have since been informed we are not approved to carry fuel containers (empty or full)in our trailer.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

LMsports

That has been a problem, and Road America was terrible for it last year. Racers need to be responsible for their products. Either bring back your fuel jugs for us to get rid of for you or take it home with you. The track will charge CCS stupid amounts of money for cleanup per each fuel jug left in the paddock.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

spyderchick

This stuff comes under Federal EPA regulations, which is why the hefty "clean up" costs. Give a hoot, don't pollute, take it with you!  ;) :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Ah ha!

A sure sign of spring!  Race fuel ordering!!!

Yessss!

Jeff

Rob, here's a suggestion.

At Road A, when you sell fuel, put the rider's Name and Number on the can...  I'll bet you won't see too many left behind  8)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

QuoteRob, here's a suggestion.

At Road A, when you sell fuel, put the rider's Name and Number on the can...  I'll bet you won't see too many left behind  8)

DING DING DING!!!!!

We have a winner!  

Dawn

OmniGLH

QuoteRob, here's a suggestion.

That will also keep you from selling someone's reserved fuel to somebody else.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

I'm sure he'll put a name on the reserved stuff, but I'm talking everything.  If a can leaves, it's got a sharpie name & number on it.  

I know I'd be EXTRA careful in that situation.  
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

LMsports

Yeah, that is what we were planning to do. That way at least if some does get left behind CCS will know who to look to. We just didn't want to say anything and seem like fuel nazi's or something.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

LMsports

Got another call today about whether we will have fuel at RA or not. Please help spread the word to other racers that only fuel that is pre-ordered on our website //www.bikejam.com will be gauranteed. The rest of what we have will be first come, first serve.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

LMsports

To ensure your fuel is reserved for the weekend all orders must be placed by April 1st. After that it will be first come, first served.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

PJ

Rob, please pm me with pricing for the new StreetBlaze 100 in 5 and 15 gallon quantities. Thanks.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

LMsports

Two more days to reserve your fuel for RA. After that it will be up to who gets to my trailer first for what is left.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

LMsports

I'm placing the order on Monday.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

LMsports

Our fuel order is in and we'll be providing access to approximately $50,000.00 in VP fuel for the RA weekend. Fuel purchases made through us ARE eligible for contingency and we are the only supplier that can offer that. This year contingency is available for every class that you claim as long as you buy 10 gallons of fuel for every class that you claim contingency for. So, if you want to be paid for running 4 classes during the weekend you will need to buy at least 40 gallons of fuel.

Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

Jeff

Rob, help me out with the contingency...

If I run 3 classes on 2 days = 6 races.  Would this equate to 60 gal?!?  

What if I were to buy 10 gal and finish well enough in a couple classes.  Would I still be eligible for contingency on one class?
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

LMsports

Jeff, the answer to your question is yes. If you run a total of 6 races and your results qualify for contingency you will have had to buy a total of 60 gallons of fuel in order to be paid for each class for the weekend.

But...since I am the liason for VP contingency I will use some judgement when I submit my sales list. If I have a customer that purchases at least 30 gallons of fuel for the weekend I will ok them for all the races they run for the weekend. So we can work together on this if you know what I mean. But don't ask me to ok you for all six races if you only buy five or ten gallons. I won't bend on the rules until you buy at least 30 gallons.
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

BlueRidgePerformance

QuoteI'm sure he'll put a name on the reserved stuff, but I'm talking everything.  If a can leaves, it's got a sharpie name & number on it.  

I know I'd be EXTRA careful in that situation.  
Sharpie comes off with a touch of race fuel,. I had the same problem at VIR last year. I had to haul out 80 cans empties, I sold 40 >:(
Use a paint pen, on the bottom of the can, and don't tell anyone. Then you'll find out who the jerks are that will cause tracks to tell us we can't sell fuel!
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

LMsports

Thanks man, I appreciate the suggestion. If you are planning on being up at RA stop by and pay a visit!
Rob Oliva
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747

BlueRidgePerformance

I wish I could, I run a WERA National Endurance team, but used to race Midwest CCS when I lived in Chicago. Looks like you are doing a great job with VP, keep up the good work :)
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

Racingxtc7

I'll need 5-10 gallons of C12.

Jeff

P.S. I thought VP fuel only pays one class per weekend?

Eric Kelcher

Thanks to Rob and the Lithium crew this issue was a non-issue.

We had only three gas cans left and that was racers trying to hide them in trash cans >:(  one was filled with oil  :o

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Jeff

QuoteWe had only three gas cans left and that was racers trying to hide them in trash cans >:(  one was filled with oil  :o

Ya know, if someone gets caught doing that I hope they get banned and fined the full allowable amount (I think $5k).  That is complete and utter CRAP since there are oil dump cans all over the track.  >:( >:( >:(

I'll tell you what, if you need to try and throw something like that away and hide it, swing by my pit and give it to me.  I'll make up for your incompetence personally.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest