Is it just me... or is Speed Channel

Started by EX#996, March 11, 2005, 08:21:51 AM

EX#996

replaying what they recorded yesterday!  ???

Isn't there anything happening down there today in regards to races?

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

Quotereplaying what they recorded yesterday!  ???

Isn't there anything happening down there today in regards to races?

Dawn   :-/

I think Supercross is today.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

B_M_K

Hey, they have bikes on Speed on a Friday instead of more Nascar. Who's complaining even if it is recorded material.

gpstar1

QuoteI think Supercross is today.
You are right on that one. more roadracing on sat.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

gpstar1

Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

the_weggie_man

and is it just me or does the commentary suck as usual on Speed coverage of motorcycle races?  

cardzilla

OMG, yes it does suck.  Ok, if you haven't watched the superstock race, skip the rest of this post.

I love when you're watching the superstock race and for the whole thing Yates is leading, Pridmore is dicing with him... Hacking and DiSalvo are mixing it up.  A great race, indeed!  Well, you come back from commercial break (in a LIVE race, mind you) and all of the sudden, Haskovic is leading!  Holy $h*&, how fast must HE be going?  Well, first all three announcers didn't even notice for the first 30 seconds and when they do it was only mentioned as an "oh, yeah, and Haskovic has taken over the lead."  Especially Spencer and Mladin, they know how hard ol' Checker was riding to go from 5th to 1st in one commercial break... but they remain completely emotionless.  I don't need commentary, just give me the pictures and shut up.  More on-bike and less yapping, that would be great.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike