Why do you race?

Started by SliderPhoto, November 15, 2002, 01:07:45 PM

Peanut

I got sucked in, this sport is amazing! I still can't believe the cash I've spent since buying my 1st bike just 2 short years ago! :o

Why?

It gives me the competition I've been looking for since stopping entering skate contest over 10 years ago.  Golf just wasn't cutting it..:D

Win?  Not yet, hopefully next year!  
Not win?  I'm learning alot everday on the track & have a ton more to learn!  

One thing though, you can't race forever, but with trackdays, this sport has got me hooked for as long as I can stick out a knee!

Super Dave

One thing though, you can't race forever, but with trackdays...

Why make excuses like that?

I've had sixty year-old guys come to my school so that they could go road racing.  There is a guy in AHRMA that is in his late 70's racing.  Why quit?  You just transition to something within the sport.  Where do you thing some of the officials come from?  Kevin Elliott, where are you?
Super Dave

KBOlsen

I've never done anything like this before and it's the most fun I've ever had.  And it's only gonna get better!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

roadrashroeser

I was so slow on the street that I thought I should start racing. This way I would smoke all the guys on the street, but I never went back to the street and now I'm the slow guy racing! But I don't care cause I still drag a knee!!!! And that was another reason I wanted to go racing!!!
Mike Roeser

OmniGLH

QuoteI was so slow on the street that I thought I should start racing. This way I would smoke all the guys on the street...

Ah HA!!!  And now the REAL motive comes out!!   ;)

And just WHO, on the street, were you gunning for, Mike?  ;)  ;)  :D

Actually.. if I remember correctly, you never seemed to have a problem keeping up with us on the street.  Just gotta watch out for people stopped in the road when you're doing a wheelie    :P
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

roadrashroeser

wheelies aren't my bag baby!!!! I was gunning for you and Dan O, Omniglh but I stayed racing. And wouldn't you know it the fast street guys come racing and you two still are smoking me....DOH!!!
Mike Roeser

OmniGLH

So, then, would it be possible to say, that, perhaps, uh, Dan and I *inspired* you to go racing?

Jim, the inspirationalist.  I like that.  ;)  LOL
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak